Chapter 2

((Hi there guys! I'm back for another chapter! I hope you're enjoying the story so far!))

Mike was terrified. So terrified. His heart was beating like a drum and his throat was drier than a desert. Why had he come back for a fourth night? Why? He should have realised how dangerous this was, but NO, he just had to come back, he had to give in to his stubborn instincts. Stupid boy! Now you're gonna die! He whimpered, sobbing like a child. In truth, the night had been going relatively well, but then, about half an hour ago, the cameras had stopped working. No matter what room he went onto, it was always the same. Camera disabled, audio only, camera disabled, audio only... Now he was left vulnerable, having to depend on his door lights and the distant creaks and sounds of metal feet. You're going to get stuffed in a Freddy suit, Mike, you bloody idiot. You're going to die... You're going to die...

It was then that Mike heard the footsteps. They were quiet, but very close. The pattern, the way that they padded gently along the floor was different to the sound of Bonnie and Chica walking. He stuffed his fist in his mouth, attempting to stifle a sob. It was Freddy! Oh god, it was Freddy! Mike silently prayed to as many gods as he could think of on the spot, before reaching out with a shaking arm and jabbing at the “door light” button. As expected, Freddy was there, staring at his with those awful, awful empty eyes, huge metal head tilted to the side. Mike felt all the air leave his lungs as he fell over backwards in his chair, screaming, feeling his heart jolt and beat erratically. Was he having a heart attack? His vision was going all blurry...

Freddy approached, step after step, making a horrifying grinding noise with his teeth. It reminded Mike of the sound his cat had once made before pouncing on a moth. Except, now, he was the moth. The bear's huge frame appeared before him, looming out of the darkness. Mike whimpered again, not caring if he sounded cowardly and undignified. This was it. The end. He wondered if there was an after-life. Probably not. Would people miss him? Almost certainly. He could already picture his parents crying by his graveside, his five year old sister asking them what was wrong... The thought made him sob even louder, until he found himself staring up at Freddy, pleading, screaming.

“PLEASE! I don't want to die! PLEASE!!”

Freddy glared back down, eyes glinting. He took another step, before reaching for Mike with his big metal paws. Mike covered his eyes, surrendering himself. All of this had come about because he'd loved Freddy's when he was small. All of this because he was desperate to uncover the restaurant's mysteries. All of this because he wanted to help those who couldn't help themselves. Freddy's fingers closed on Mike's shoulders surprisingly softly. Mike readied himself for the end.

“I... Not going to hurt you. You safe.”

The voice was quiet and slightly garbled, like a child or a foreigner's voice, but Mike recognised it through his haze of fear. That was the same voice Freddy spoke with when he sang. The same voice Freddy had used when he'd wished him happy seventh birthday. Mike opened his eyes. Freddy had lowered himself onto his knees and was holding the guard by the shoulders, very gently. Mike felt confusion build in him, taking away the fear. Had Freddy just... Talked? Sure, he'd heard Freddy rattle off pre-recorded messages plenty of times, but this was different. This was Freddy, actually, genuinely talking. How was this possible? How? These robots had been made in the 19-freaking-70s!

“F-F-Freddy? Did you just t-t-talk?”

The bear removed one of his hands from Mike's shoulders, motioning to his throat.