Chapter 3

-Oh, Mr. Yukihira,- Said the teacher, who was still enjoying the boy's dish, -Principal Nakiri told me he would like to meet you after this class, so please, head over there as soon as it is finished.- She continued, while munching on a piece of steak.

-Yes, ma'am!- Answered the read head, smiling, while bowing slightly and heading to his station.

As he was confidently walking to his place, he heard a dry voice whisper "You got lucky, idiot." He didn't even had to turn around to know who it was, but he did anyway. He saw Erina looking down on him, haughtily. Her small hand was resting on her hip, and she raised her chin as soon as she noticed Souma looking at her.

The boy simple pulled his lower eyelid down while sticking his tongue out. A ridiculous sound came from his lips, the corners of them were raised up, forming a smile.

That sudden gesture caught the Tenth-Seat of the Elite off guard, and she distorted her face to a shocked expression. Souma felt accomplished, and he laughed, high-fiving his friend Megumi on the way to his place.

After a couple more evaluations, the sound of the ringing bell filled the group's ears, and everyone began gathering their utensils and notebooks, it was time to head to their next class.
Well, at least that was what most of them had to do next.

As the red head grabbed his notes, he noticed the tips of his fingers were cold and the veins of his hands were much more noticeable. "Am I nervous?" He thought. He placed his hand on his face. It was shaking.
"Why?"

-Do you want me to go with you, Souma?- The face of the braided girl suddenly invaded his field of vision, interrupting his thoughts.

-Hm?- With a low voice, he answered, -Where?- He was still too focused on his own mind to process what his friend asked.

The confused expression of the blue haired girl landed him back on Earth.

-Oh!-  He laughed -To the principal's office, yeah!- He said, while he smiled a bit awkwardly.

They both chuckled. Megumi shyly placed her tiny hand on the boy's forehead.. She was on her tippy toes, since Souma was too tall for her. To do so, she had to get a little bit closer to him.
That sudden action confused him, but he didn't move, her touch felt nice against his skin, and the girl's hand was smooth.

-Ew, you're sweating!- She said, while giggling and rubbing her hand against his shirt to dry it up. -Are you okay? You suddenly look a bit off.- She finished, while looking at him in the eyes.

-I'm fine! Don't worry.- He answered, while still packing up his stuff. -You don't have to come with me, though. I know we have an important test right....- The school's bell rang. -Now.-

It dawned on the girl. "The test!" She thought, alarmed. Like a scared chicken, she picked up her stuff and clumsily ran towards the classroom.

-I'lltelltheteacherwhyyou'relate!- He managed to hear, before her voice faded off.
He giggled at her behavior. "She can be so adorably clumsy at times." That thought caught him off guard. "Eh?" He walking for a moment. "Nah, she''s just a friend." He shrugged it off.