[4]

[1989]

"I hate you." Stan keeps a straight face for a few seconds before a smile appears on his face. Those three words terrified Bill. Just the thought of being hated by his best friend.

The losers sit down, talking amongst themselves, clearly trying to distract themselves from the fight that happened just a few days ago.

The others start to leave one by one. Ben and Stan stand up and leave together. Bill and Bev talk about Portland, Bill glancing at Bev every few seconds.

Stan turns around, he had forgotten one of his most important things. His notebook.

Bev stands up and starts to walk away, Bill hesitating before following after her. He stops her and quickly kisses her. Bev looks slightly shocked but kisses back.

Stan stops, staring at them with intense pain in his chest. What.. what's happening to me..? I should be proud of him. Happy for him. Why do I feel hatred towards Bev..? A few tears stream down Stan's cheeks.

Bev pulls away. "Bye.." she turns, not really noticing Stan crying. "Bye, Stan.."

Bill turns to face Stan. "S-Stan..? What happened? A-are you okay?" Stan balls his hands into fists. "Am I okay? Am I okay? No, I'm not okay, Bill. I just watched you get kissed." Bill looks confused. "W-what's wrong with that..?" Stan frustratedly sighs. "Everything! You're always so clueless! We haven't even known her for that long and you're always giving her those stupid heart eyes. I've always been by your side. Always. And yet somehow, you still don't see how much I'm in love you with!" The few subtle tears that were streaming down Stan's cheeks have become angry and soaking. "I hate you sometimes!"

Bill steps back, shocked. "You.. l-love me..? But we're b-both boys.. you c-can't." Stan looks extremely upset. "Who fucking cares? It's not like anything will ever happen because you'll always be stuck on Beverly, not noticing me!" Bill thinks for a moment. He... loves me? He's.. perfect and all but.. I can't like another boy. it's bad. right..? but, he's so pretty and.. amazing.. and when he talks about his passions he's gorgeous.. oh fuck.

Bill steps forwards, cupping Stan's face. "What on earth are you doing?" Stan doesn't look as angry as before. Just.. sad. Bill takes a deep breath before kissing Stan.

[2016]

Bill sits down in his office chair, rereading his letter from Stan. He wipes his tear filled eyes. "I'm so sorry, Stan.." He sets the letter down and covers his face with his hands. "I should've.. I should've been there with you.. loving you.. taking care of you. But I wasn't.." Bill closes his eyes, thinking of their first kiss. Stan's hatred filled eyes..

Audra knocks on the door. "Bill..? What do you want for lunch, dear..?" Bill sighs. "Nothing, Aud. I'm not hungry." She sighs. "You're thinking about him again, aren't you? Bill, I'm sorry but, he's gone and there's nothing we can do.."

"It was my fault, Audra. My fault. Three times. The kid, Georgie, and Stan. I could've been there for two of them but I wasn't. I wasn't and I regret it. So very much." Audra sighs and walks away.

Bill opens a drawer, pulling out an old photograph, staring at it for a while. "I love you, Stan the Man.." he whispers.

HEY, LOOK. I UPDATED IT! Sorry for such a long break. I had no inspiration for a new chapter until BAM it hit me! I apologize for all of the emotions and drama. Thank you for reading! -C