I Just Want To SLEEP

I start to fade into consciousness as the sound of birds chirping outside of a now closed window. I guess he came in and closed it sometime after I fell asleep.
I throw the thought around my brain for a little as I start to fall back into a sleep.
Before I get the chance to, I'm abruptly awoken by a loud, "Morning baby! I got you some clothes cuz I'm nice and love you and all. No need to thank me."
"Geez you really are embarrassing. Being so loud in a hospital? Have some tact Mia." I scold as I open my eyes and struggle to sit up.
She giggles as she lays two bags full of clothes on the bed.
"This bag is full of some of the clothes you brought with you, and this bag is full of some clothes I bought you before you came." Mia explains pointing at the bags.
"You bought me clothes? What for?" I ask genuinely curious.
"Well I figured you wouldn't bring anything cute and I was right so I decided to get you some trendy stuff." she laughs.
I glare at her as I snatch the bag of new clothes away from her and begin to go through them. I pull out ripped blue shorts and a large over sized black hoodie. "I'm gonna change into these." I explain showing her the clothes. "Okay cool." she nods in relief and I head into the bathroom to change. After getting dressed I check myself in the mirror. The hoodie was so large it covered the shorts I was wearing. I turn my attention away from the outfit and focus on my face. It was oily so I decide to wash up by brushing my teeth and rinsing my face. I then notice my messy hair, and the bed head style I had been rocking. I blush as I comb it down with a hand, then decide to style it up in a messy bun that would suit the outfit well. I finish up in the bathroom and walk out to find Mia, phone in hand, recording me.
"Ooh, zamn baby girl! Even when hospitalized, you be looking like a snack." she jokes moving her phone at different angles.
"Has anyone here ever told you that you're VERY American?" I joke back.
"How'd you know?" she laughs setting down her phone.
"Just a hunch. Anyways, speaking of snack, I'm a little hungry so when I finish going through the clothes you brought me wanna get some food?" I ask sitting down on the bed reaching for the bags again.
"Do you really have to finish going through them? Let's just go get food." she suggests quickly and nervously.
I get suspicious and prod further, "No it's fine, I want to see what you got me since you went out of your way to buy it for me."
I rummage through the large bag some more and pull out clothing items one by one, with each making Mia progressively nervous. I reach the end of the bag where I find an item that I can't quite figure out what it is. I pull it out and it unfolds itself, revealing an intricately designed one piece lingerie.
"I just thought that since you ended it with... since you're single now that, you'd like to try meeting people again."
"Even he hasn't seen me naked! We haven't slept together!" I roar chucking the lingerie at a wall.
The flying underwear hits a wall nearly missing the face of Chan who was walking in with a tray of food.
"I'm so sorry! Don't touch that-!" I start to yell, but Chan was already reaching for the item on the ground. As he picks it up, his eyes widen as he realizes what it is.
"Well I've always known I was pretty attractive but I've never had knickers thrown at me before. If you wanted to hit on me you could've just ask for my number." he jokes with a wink.
I feel my face heat up with embarrassment and hide in my hands. "I'm so sorry, it was my friends idea of a joke." I explain in a rush.
He laughs, "No drama. I won't arc up over something like that, I'm not an ankle biter. Anyways, I'm here with your brekky."
Everything in his sentence confused me so I tilt my head to the side hoping he'll further elaborate.
Mia bursts into laughter at my obvious confusion, "He said it's fine cuz he won't get angry over something like that because he's not a child and he brought you breakfast."
"Right, I'm sorry mate. I forget you're not used to the slang." he winces, setting down the tray of food. "I studied in America so I can try to dial it back."
"No, it's fine. Thank you for the food. And thanks for being so professional about the flying underwear." I laugh.
"No worries." he grins proudly, his cheeks tinting a slight pink.
Oh, so I guess that was a bit embarrassing even for him.
Mia cuts into the conversation, "Uh, do you know what causes whatever the hell her disease is called?"
Her question catches us both off guard, leaving the room in silence.
"Uh, well, we're pretty sure the cause is cigarette smoke. I thought it was odd though, because I didn't peg you as the type to smoke." he stutters awkwardly.
"I don't." I grumble.
"God he can't leave you alone even when you're in another country! In the end you're the one suffering the consequences of HIS actions!" Mia rants.
I cut her off by covering her mouth, "Mia, please."
I glance at Chan, signaling to Mia that I want her to stop talking about it in front of him.
She nods so I let my hand fall.
"Sorry. You know what? I'm hungry. I'm gonna go get some food now." she apologizes as she gets up and heads out the door.
There was an awkward silence left weighing heavy on the room but Chan quickly broke it.
"So, um, what do you do for a living?" he asked.
"I'm sorry, what?" I reply bewildered.
"Sorry, what I meant is, you said money wasn't an issue so I was just figured it was because of your job." he conveys.
"Oh, haha. Yeah I suppose that's part of the reason. I'm not quite sure I want to share my silly occupation with someone as accomplished as you." I argue, rubbing the back of my neck.
"What? Now you have to tell me."
___________________________________

Author's Notes

Okay but why does this low-key sound like it's about to be a smut. IT'S NOT I SWEAR. Lol
But honestly I did so much research for this bro. :')
Anywaysss
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for reading. <3