Chapter 14: Mighty Prince

Faint footsteps were getting closer. The little animals squeaked. Based on the noises, Vince guessed two people were coming.

Not long later, two people came in. Vince peeked at the tiny holes of the mat and saw two middle-aged men, one was holding a burning wood used as a torch. These men were wearing black short pants with layers of bone necklaces dangling in their bare upper bodies.

"I'll take this one, you go take that one." 

The man holding the torch said. He put the burning wood down and came to the side where Vince lay.

Vince calculated his moves. He must attack at the right distance. The man was standing beside him, about to take the mat off. As the man extended his hands, Vince quickly grabbed him and stabbed his heart. He then covered the gaping mouth. Later, a lifeless body was covered by a mat. Looking at the side, he saw the prince who just covered another lifeless body. 

Vince looked at his bloody hands who just killed a life. His eyes were grim. He's a soldier, and a soldier is also a murderer. This cannibal isn't the first person he killed. He has been assigned to the southern part of the country and killed terrorists, but it was the first time he killed a person at such a close distance. The feeling was unpleasant.

"Dari, another two are coming..." 

The faint voice pulled Vince's mind into reality. In a situation where you have to kill to avoid getting killed, there is no room for guilt.

Vince and Prince Aiji positioned themselves at the hut's entrance, opposite each other, preparing for a surprise and quick attack.

Later, another two came in. They finished them off and put their bodies beside the first two they killed earlier. They both peeked at the wall after, observing the remaining cannibals outside.

A few minutes passed, the people outside were impatient, facing in the hut's direction.

After a quick discussion, four people came over. As they got in, Vince quickly stabbed one of the men, the prince did the same. The remaining two were about to run, but they caught them before they had a chance to.

The commotion inside the hut got the remaining four people's attention. The prince didn't waste time and jumped to the flat surface below. The remaining four, realizing that someone was attacking them, wanted to flee, but the prince swiftly attacked them. Two men were down, leaving only the old couple.

The prince moved towards the old man who was shaking. The old couple tried to flee but Vince blocked them. As the old man saw Vince closely, he was horrified!

"You! You are his descendant...? How could it be... His tribe had fallen many years ago...and his descendants were all killed!" 

The old man was shivering. His lips that never stop smiling throughout their conversation in the afternoon were trembling. At the back, the old woman shrank.

The old couple was terrified looking at the cloth that was tied on his head, Vince's curiosity was stirred, and wanted to interrogate the old man but Prince Aiji finished him off quickly.

"You are wrong. There is one, who, fortunately, survived..."

A soft voice whispered at the pale and wrinkled ear. The old man lost his life with his eyes wide open. 

Vince's curiosity intensified, but he knew it wasn't the time to satisfy his curiosity. 

Looking at his dying husband, the old woman ran off. The prince took his dagger from the old man's chest and shot it to the back of the fleeing old woman. The frail body fell on the rocky riverside, a few meters away.