For better or for worse...

At last the summer has come to an end. A particularly long summer since I have yet to see my friends or a single wizard soul since I was last on the platform saying goodbye. Standing between platforms 9 and 10 alone with my cat and I feel like there should be someone beside me. This time last year my mother was giving me a huge hug and pushing my back as I ran through. I didn't know then that it was the first of my last memories of her since she passed in the spring. Then I think back to my first year at Hogwarts back when I was too afraid to run into the wall at full speed and my mother had to legit push me made me smile to myself. Now I should run through the wall without a second thought because you'd think a girl would be used to it by now. I make it through and see the Hogwarts Express is set for departure soon and I maneuver my way around the hustle and bustle of families waving goodbye. There are kids everywhere and its hard to make out any faces. One of my smaller cases falls off the top of my cart in a rush.

"ah no come on" I struggle out while I squint and try to figure where it has knocked over to. I see it and crouch down to pick it up. Although someone already has their hand on the handle. It appears to be a famous boy with round glasses. "I think this is yours?"

"Thanks Harry" I smile and take the case and put it on my cart

He left and I got aboard the train ready for another year filled with magic and maybe romance.

I head down the train compartments seeing the majority taken already. I am now looking for any familiar Hufflepuff and other face. Compartment after compartment and then - "V" Fred Weasley calls out and waves he's by the candy already. I was beyond excited to see him and glad he was the first face I saw. "Oh Fred helloooo, how was your summer" I grab his arm and tug at it and bring my hand down to hold his with excitement I'd appreciated how close I became with the Weasley twins despite the age difference and being in different houses.

"At the burrow? The same. But did end up at the world cup"

"really that must of been awfully scary with the events" he looked down at my arm still grabbing his and looked back up at me with a smirk

I quickly let his arm go and smacked him on the shoulder playfully.

"ouch V, you know you are the most aggressive Hufflepuff I know." He flicked my forehead which I hate. "Anyways come see George and sit with us!" He pulls me along to the compartment with him and George, and Lee. George got up and gave me a suffocating hug. Now I have the time to process I give them both a once over and they have changed they are still tall as ever but now their hair is long and wild, I like it that way.

"Veronnnaaa" George sings grabbing my trunk and I shuffle inside the small space and settle down in the booth and I sit next to Fred and across from George and Lee. "How's are favorite hufflepuff been eh?"

"I'm the only hufflepuff you like" I say back while slouching back in my seat.

Fred was trying to think of a clever response "well...thats besides the point, I have this feeling this year V it is gonna be one to remember what Im not sure of is if its good or bad.."

"this year is going to be different! I can feel it." George says "and that has nothing to do with the fact death eaters almost killed us ?" Fred says

"besides that" George points out all knowingly.

"I hope so. I need a change boys, especially after my mother I know she would want me to have a good year still."

They were silent I assume because they had no idea how to comfort me since I was usually the one to comfort them.

"I think I should go see Grace and Harlow before the train arrives" I say and walk through the train with my bag again and on my way through I thought I saw Harry. But I was not looking where I was going and didn't bump into him but basically tripped over him. Somehow I was face down on the ground but he was still standing. What a great way to start the year.

"Oh my god that is embarrassing" I stammered

"In a hurry?" Harry said to me while he was trying to shut me up he laughed

I laughed and grabbed my bag and picked myself up

"don't mock" I begged

"Verona I wanted to say, I am sorry for your loss. The twins told me what happened while I was with them this summer."

" Oh thanks" dusting myself off I hadn't really known what to say to him before but I guess we might now have things to talk about

"I'm -uh around if you ever needed " he looked at the ground and I smiled to myself I really loved the way his eyes looked so sincere when he spoke to me. Really great green eyes.

"really?"

with a nod and a smile we parted ways. I hadn't thought much or seen much of Harry before my second year of school. Thats when I spoke to him for the first time or he spoke to me I honestly can't remember. Since then I usually am around the twins ever since they sent me to the infirmary my first year, a story for another time, I got to know Ron well and Harry was around most times. He was always kind and brave and I admired those things.

He was off to his gryffindor posse and me on my way to the hufflepuff traditional game of cards I knew was going to be the highlight of my train ride. Why had he been on my mind the whole train ride I'm sure hadn't thought a thing of our two incidents.