Chapter after .5

Warning: uncensored swears, implied self harm. Implied abusive home life.

Max's POV

————————

  I watched as David's face grew sadder, to the point he nodded and walked away. I almost grinned. But, I felt bad. I don't know why, or how, but I felt bad. I looked down at my arm and grimaced. That fucking idiot is getting to me.

  I checked to see if David was gone, and sure enough he was. I rolled up my sleeves to check the scars. The scars didn't seem infected, that's okay. But they're bleeding. I roll down my sleeve again and stare off into the distance.

  I thought about the hell that is my home, and the hell I will be going back to. I dont want to go back to it, but it seems I have no choice in the matter. I have to go home no matter what. If you could even call it 'Home'. Home doesn't feel like home at all, it feels more like a prison. A place I can't escape. I mean, I could. But it would be a big act to make.

  Bah, who am I kidding? I'm just rambling now. I'm rambling like Neil trying to figure out one of Harrison's magic tricks. Fuckin' idiot. Anyone could figure those out! Anyone, even me. Especially me.

  So I continue to stare, getting lost in my thoughts.

3rd person POV

—————————

  David stumbled back to the counselor's cabin. He opened the door and looked inside. There, he saw Gwen sleeping on her bed. David let out a quiet sigh of relief and went to his own bed, on the other side of the cabin.

  He closes his eyes, and only got thirty minutes of actual sleep before he felt the time change to 6:00am. He shot up from his bed, going over to Gwen. "Gooooood morning Gwen! Are you excited for the amazing day we'll have today?"