Ch.5

"You what?!" Louis shouts, "Wait what?!" Louis snatches the letter out of Felicités hand and his eyes quickly scan it.

"This is fake." Louis says simply.

"It's not fake, Louis!" Felicité takes the letter out of his hand, "I swear."

"It's a fake."

"It's not!"

"It's a fake." Louis repeats like he's trying to convince himself that it's a fake, "It's so fake."

Felicité holds him by the shoulders and shakes him, "It's not fake, Louis. I swear on my life."

Louis shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath in and out before opening his eyes and looking at Felicite directly in the eyes, "I'm not dreaming?"

Felicite shakes her head, "No."

Louis takes another deep breath in and begins pacing around the room, "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my-"

"What're you feeling?" Felicite asks concerned because Louis always starts repeating 'oh my god' when he's excited, scared, or both.

"What do I do?! Mum is going to kill us...she's seriously going to kill us...I'm not even kidding like she is going to kill us...kill you! You got me into this! You're getting me out!" Louis shouts.

"But you have to go-"

"I'm not going, Felicite! I can't go! I don't want to embarrass myself by going up against people who sing ten times better than me!"

Felicite sighs and hugs her brother, "You're just as good as any of them! You're better! You're good enough! You're one of the best five out of tons of auditions! You're good enough, Lou." She assures him.

Louis stays quiet, "...I don't think I am..."

"Well, you are."

•-•-•

It's four am when Johannah gets home from work. She works six pm to three am at a local minimart.

Louis has waited for her all night in the living room. The letter clutched tightly in his hand.

Felicite stayed with him but ended up falling asleep.

"Louis, what're you still doing up?" She asks, a hint of anger in her voice.

"I-I...I have something for you..." Louis whispers. He gets up and shakily hands his mum the letter and the two tickets to London.

"Two tickets to London?" Johannah asks with a raised eyebrows.

"R-Read the letter..." Louis bites his fingernails as his mum slowly reads through the letter.

Her eyebrows increasingly furrow as she reads through the letter.

"What is this?" She asks.

"I...Felicite auditioned me for some competition and I-I didn't know...and I'm a finalist...and I h-have to go to London...if you let me b-but you don't have to. It's okay if you don't want me to go, I'll just mail the tickets back a-and-"

Johannah cuts off Louis' rambling with a hug.

"A-Are you mad?"

"No, Louis. Of course not. I'm proud."

Louis relaxes at that, "Really? You're not kidding?"

She chuckles and shakes her head, "No, Lou...So, when do we leave to London?"

•-•-•

"Alright, I left the fridge stocked so you should be good on food! Call me if you need anything! You know where the emergency money is?" Johannah asks Lottie.