Chapter 1

Whenever you wish upon a star, it does not go to the stars, but rather the moon. The moon grants your wish, without objection, as long as it fits the moral code made for it. The moon should not feel anything, too. The moon is simply to grant wishes and stay in the sky. That is, until one bright, cold night. A queen had fallen to her anguish and froze her kingdom. For you see, this prince had appeared to be dating another behind the queens back.

On that fateful night, the coldness of her ice had seeped into the cell the prince was at, and the prince died of hypothermia. Though, even though he had died last, he shared one last wish with all of his people. To have their original queen back, for obviously she had become a husk of her former self.

The moon, however, was overwhelmed. How can it bring back this woman from her despair if she herself doesn't want to be brought back? But so many people wish for her back! The moon realized that it had started to feel and become self aware, which shouldn't ever happen! The moon panicked more and more until wishes started coming in, and so it fulfilled those. Quickly the moon went from panicky and self aware to the wish-fulfilling object it was made as.

Many, many years passed without an incident like that ever happening. Many wishes were granted, and all was well. But one day, a hatted child made a wish. The hatted child wished for The Snatcher to be able to move on, whether by Vanessa getting better, or any other means. The moon remembered the name Vanessa, and then realized which Vanessa the child referred to.

For the first time in many, many years the moon felt the panic from those years ago. How could it be able to repair the prince's heart? Normally, it would once again panic over the fact that it could feel again, but this time, it only gave him an idea. The moon made a vessel for itself, and once it was complete, sent it rocketing down to Earth.

---

"Kid, what are you doing?" Snatcher asked, taking Hat Kid out of their thoughts. "Oh, there was just a shooting star!" Snatcher looked at the child in confusion, for there were no stars in the skies of Subcon Forest. At least, not anymore. Hat Kid pointed to the sky, and indeed, there was a shooting star! Though, it seemed not quite right. "Huh. That's weird." Hat Kid replied "Really?" before looking back, seeing their BFF had disappeared.

Unlike most people, Snatcher suddenly dropping out of conversations and into the shadows was normal. Most of the time it meant he was just dealing with a new trespasser. Though, sometimes it was the subconites needing something. Looking back, Hat Kid realized that the shooting star had disappeared into the trees. They thought it was odd, since normally shooting stars aren't that quick. But quickly, they brushed it off.

"AHAHAHA! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooolll...." Snatcher trailed off, trying to figure out just what in god's name was in front of him. It didn't have legs, but ghosts don't look like... that! Whatever that was! The voice from the thing brought Snatcher back out of his thoughts. "Uh... you were saying something?"