Escape

It was the next morning, I'm already up and ready to leave. Then there was a loud knock on the door. Walking to the door my kids look out the window. I opened the door and see the guards. "Hello, how may I help?" I asked then I saw a paper in one of their hands.

"Mrs. Loup, it has come to the kingdom's attention that you have killed the magi." One of the guards read off the paper. "And, instead of making you leave, we're ordered to sentence you to," before they could finish, I used my wolf speed grabbing my kids and just my flying cloth.

And, that's how we ended up where we were at the begining. It's been a few hours, I look back and see nothing but sand. I let out a sigh, "okay," I check on my kids. They look a little shooken up. "Are you kids alright?" I asked as they crawl into my arms.

Then my oldest one speaks, "mom, what did that person mean you killed the magi?"

"Vinnie, do you remember when I told you that some kingdoms have a magi?" He nods, "what this kingdom didn't know was, who their magi was. Or at least the real one," Vincent and the twins looked at me confused. "Well look at the time," I turn to the front and see a small town. Infusing a little more rukh into the cloth, it goes faster.

Reaching the town just before the sun goes down, I slow down and we get off. "Put these on," throwing them a cloak to put on. "Keep your hoods on, who knows how fast news can spread." I whisper to them as we walk into town. With them following, I look around in the dim light, 'good thing it's nightfall no one will get sus-' I stopped with wide eyes as I see a tower in the center of town.

I question out loud, "what is this?"