Chapter 3: F*cking Parasites (Chaeyoung)

I woke up around noon with a big jump. I dreamt about my mother again. I should've tried to find another monster to kill, I wasn't tired enough, that pariska from last night was too easy. When I get a challenge and really exhaust myself with a monster, I am promised a dreamless night.

I reached my arm to my left and ran my finger over the top of the clock... it was currently 12:46 p.m. Thank God it was only a Saturday. I have work 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the week at a small office for phone apps. I just worked on the computer files and customer calls, I had this special bar in-front of my keyboard meant for reading brail. Different dots would pop up for each line I read.

I stretched my arms up before pushing myself out of bed, I walked over to the window and jerked it open since it sticks, letting in the fresh clean air the rain washed for us last night. In my opinion, cool air was the best, it was clean and felt perfect on my skin and in my lunges. I smiled as the breeze came in, turning on my heel and walking to my kitchen. I had my entire tiny apartment mapped out in my head, so I didn't worry about bumping into anything.

I grabbed water out of my fridge and poured myself a cup, getting a nice cold glass into my system. I walked into my bathroom and opened my glass cabinet, I think it was a mirror, but I wasn't sure. I brushed my teeth while thinking about that pariska from last night. It seemed off, how he seemed flesh driven and reckless. I mean they usually don't act that way unless they're infected with a para-

I stopped brushing my teeth as I realized something. "A parasite... Fucking hell!" I rinsed out my mouth and put my toothbrush and paste away. I walked back into my room, changing back into my gear, except this time I slipped on a full face mask. It was smooth with eye holes, that I didn't really need, but the mask was just precautionary for the daylight, not really to look sleek.

I climbed out my window and up the firescape, deciding for now, roof top travel was my best bet. When I believed I was getting closer to the location from last night I found my way to the a familiar ladder on the side of this brick building. I slid down the ladder and landed softly into a connected ally. I creeped my way down to the ally from last night, there was no sound, but the sweet smell was gone and replaced with a rotting smell. I assumed the police removed the bodies, but the bodies must've absorbed the venom completely by this point.

I waited a minute for any possible sounds and was blessed with nothing but skittering trash. I kept my body low as I moved into the crime scene and down to the metal door, which was now wedged open by a cement block with a plastic strip over it, probably crime scene tape. I pulled the door open and slipped in, ignoring the tape snapping off for now. I walked slowly, feeling the rough floor almost immediately. I counted my steps, up to where I was yesterday, I crouched down and used my nose to its fullest potential. There was no smell, as he wasn't dead long enough to rot but there was this slight sour smell in the air. Not like dairy spoiling type sour, like a citrus sent instead. "An Argo parasite? What would an Argo parasite be doing in a pariska?" I mumbled to myself.

I was focusing so much on the atmosphere in front of me, I unwittingly let my guard down behind me, and I didn't hear them until I heard the gun cock. "Put your hands where I can see them." A woman, about 15 feet away, obviously a cop. I slowly put my arms up, not risking anything. "Are you sure you want to be doing this?" I asked, she didn't say anything, she just took concentrated steps over the riveted floor toward me. "Toss your weapons away." She demanded, now only 10 feet away.

"May I ask what my charges are?" I asked. "Unidentified female in the crime scene from this morning with a weapon on her back that could be a possible match to the murder weapon to the body that laid in the very spot she is standing. Wearing a mask that hides her face and dressed in suspicious attire." I heard a short static scratch sound, indicating she was speaking through her radio.
"Throw your weapons away." She demanded again.

I slowly pulled my Hwando from its sheath and tossed it away, then pulled my Joseon dagger from my thigh and tossing it in the same direction. I slowly turned around to the direction the female officer was. She took slow careful steps towards me, "Keep your hands up." She said, once she was close enough to start patting my pockets. She pulled the cards I kept in my pocket out, I only had 3 on me. "This is enough evidence to put you at the scene of the crime, Little Fox." I heard a slight ruffle sound, probably just her putting the cards in her pocket. She patted me again and pulled a few short throwing knives that were thin enough to be concealed out of another one of my pockets and tossed them. I heard them hit the floor where I had tossed my other weapons.

"Turn around, on your knees and hands on your head." She pushed my shoulder slightly to indicate me to turn around. From where her voice was coming, she was shorter than me, she had calluses on her hand that I felt when they touched my shoulder.
I did as she demanded, I listened to her holster her gun and then pull out her cuffs. The second she placed her hand on my wrist I twisted around on my knees, grabbing her wrist and snapping the other cuff onto her wrist. While I knew she was stunned, I yanked on the cuff chain, throwing her off balance and then snapping the other cuff onto the other wrist. I knocked her legs out from under her and slipped her gun out of it's holster.

I pretended to point it at her as I stepped back. "Don't! You don't want to have the death of a cop on your hands." No, I really didn't. I didn't want any human blood on my hands. I simply slipped the clip out, cocked the gun causing the bullet in the chamber to hit the floor and took the top piece off the frame. I tossed the three pieces off her gun in random directions and then walked over to where I had heard my weapons land.

I picked up my sword and dagger easily, and picked up 4 of my throwing knives, but when I tried to find the fifth one I had felt around a little. Oh god I hope this cop doesn't notice, this'll look a little awkward. I found it a second later and slipped it into my pocket.
I know the cop was still sitting on the floor, she was either stunned or figured it was smarter for her to not move. Either way was fine. I stood and faced the direction she was sitting. "That body has a parasite, it's why he went crazy and killed so many last night. I can't get to the body obviously but you can. Take this." I held up a different thin dagger that she missed. "Pierce the spot right below his right thyroid, it will make sure he doesn't grow a new and more bug like head." I placed the dagger on the floor and walked away.

"Wait!" I stopped and waited for what she had to say. "Why are you telling me to do this?" She asked. I smirked but she couldn't see under my mask, the humor on my face. "Because something about how you approached me made me feel that you believe in monsters." And with that, I walked out that heavy metal door for, hopefully, the last time.