Chapter 4: I Need a Burger (Aminta)

I didn't know how to describe what just happened, except for I underestimated the Fox. She was fast and made me look like an ameature and not someone who has been working with the police force for the past 9 years. I was sworn in at 21. Yes, that means I'm 30 and only getting older.

What really got me about that encounter was how she simply asked me, a cop, to execute a body mutulation on evidence. But if what she said was right, then the entire department was at risk right now. I was already uncuffed, re-armed, and driving back to the station. I radiod in that the suspect escaped from the scene and there was no trace of where she went. I didn't include how she disarmed me and knocked me on my ass, I plan to tell the chief myself instead of briefing it over public radio for the whole section of officers on duty to hear...

I pulled into the lot and quickly parked. I made quick pace to enter the station and walked through the office, hoping no one questions or notices where I was going. I took the elevator down to the ground floor that the morgue was located on. When I came up to the double doors to the morgue I stopped. I took a deep breath, hoping that Dr. Rangar and his assistant weren't in at the moment.

I slowely pushed opened the left door, relieved to see the lights were off. Perhaps they were still at lunch. I glanced around the morgue for any living presence ad then made a bee line for the storage unit. I stopped infront of the clipbaord on the wall, looking for the number next to the most recent log, as well as pull some plastic gloves from the box next to it. "Eric Jackson, 22-B." I walked down to 22-B, cleaving the door open, finding the headless body. I pulled the rack out just halfway. I pulled out the small, thin dagger that the Little Fox had given me, then pressed two fingers against the lower right side of his neck. When I found his thyroid, I slid the dagger into his neck right below where I had my fingers placed.

I pulled the dagger out and slipped my gloves off around it before tucking it into my jacket pocket. I pushed the rack back into it's place and then closed the door. I quickly slipped back out of the morgue and wasted no time heading to the elevator. When I was back upstairs I walked in a casual and unbothered manner to my desk. "Hey, we got some new information on that Eric Jackson." Anders said, I couldn't help but tense a little at his name after what I just did. "Well? What is it?" I asked stiffly. Anders didn't bat an eye at my manner and just proceeded.

"He was a landlord of an old building, there's 8 apartments but only 4 are occupied. It's sort of a diamond in the rut type place, if you discover there are apartments for rent for such a cheep price, then it's like a blessing. 800$ dollars a month with utilities included." I sighed, "Hey! Are you looking for a new place to stay or telling me about our dead murderer?" Anders gave me an apologetic expression. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize, just tell me who the residents are and if we can bring them in for questioning." Anders nodded sternly and after a few clicks of his mouse he continued his feedback. "We have a Rosemary Parker, Caucasian 83 year old woman, retired florist who gets paychecks from her son. She rarely goes out, doubt she'll know anything about our Mr. Jackson."
I wrote down her name on my notepad, and made a small note to visit her for questioning instead of inviting her out. "Next."

"We have a Daniel Chan, Asian 62 year old male, a veteran that still gets checks from the government, he goes out with some other vets to drink or golf." I wrote him down and marked to call him in. "Okay..."

"Next is Henry Jones, African American 59 year old male, he owns a barber shop about three blocks away, is rarely home as he works every day except for Sunday's where he goes to church. At night he is usually at a bar." Anders finished, and I wrote him down for a visit at his barber shop. "And our fourth resident?"

"Huh, this is interesting." Anders' brow narrowed. "What?" He glanced at me and then back at his monitor, "Well all the residents are elders but..."
"Will you just get to the point." He glared at me and then scratched his head. "Chaeyoung Yoo, Asian 23 year old female." He stopped there and looked at me, as if to emphasize just that information. "23? She's decades younger than the rest of the residents." He nodded with a serious expression. "Continue." I pressed.