33. Hotaru Haganezuka- Relax

i'm sorry but if you're sleeping on unmasked haganezuka, you're missing OUT

search it up, lovelies <3 xoxo

semi-nsfw

__

Hotaru was a simple man. From a young age, he dedicated his very being to perfecting his craft of creating the strongest swords for demon slayers to use. He often prided himself in the simple yet tough blades of nichirin that he could make with just a hammer and an open fire. Day after day, night after night, Haganezuka worked -- he spent nearly all of his time in his study, whacking away at the various metals at his workbench. Though I was proud of him for being so unrelenting and motivated, I couldn't help but worry as a fiance to where his obsession would lead his health to.

"Hotaru," I called, voice meekly breaking through the sound of scraping metal, "You've been going for hours, are you alright?" The ravenette turned around, regarding me with an iron gaze,  eyes flashing with alertness. His body was tense and stiff, presumably from working so laboriously every single day for tens of hours in a row. I noticed that he had new cuts in his arm from the blades, which he didn't seem to notice, and that his whole body was absolutely drenched in sweat. 

There was no response from the figure in front of me as he paused for a moment, blinking blankly at my concerned expression. My eyebrows furrowed and my teeth tugged at my bottom lip, screaming silent pleas for him to just stop and take a break. It continued for a few more moments until my lover finally set down his hammer and the blade he was working on, then got up, bones popping back into place and muscles tightening. My heart leapt with joy as he sauntered up to me and mustered a tired-looking smile.

"Okay. I'm here." Breathing in relief, I immediately embraced him, gingerly holding his body so that I wouldn't apply any unnecessary pressure to his aching joints. Hotaru hummed, enjoying the moment as he patted my back with a rigid hand and closed his eyes. Oh, how I missed the feeling of his figure against mine. His firm arms and chest were the trophies of all his working glories, and were able to cushion my body when he held me tight.

"I'll draw a bath for you," I murmured, running a hand down his shoulders to his chest, "You can unwind in the hot water." The swordsmith considered the thought for a moment, his thick eyebrows furrowing in concentration, before making an objection. 

"Only if I have you with me." With widening eyes, I looked at my fiance, shocked that he had made such a bold statement. A surprised expression crossed my features and stayed there until I had to look down in order to avoid the looming weight of his proposal. I stammered and became increasingly red in the face as various "thoughts" flew around in my head. Of course, it was normal for me to have fantasies about Hotaru, with his sculpted body and endearing personality, but I've never seen him naked before.

"H-Hotaru," I gasped, unsure of whether to accept or decline, "You're alright with it, right?" The ravenette smiled and placed a kiss atop my head, kind eyes looking keenly at my reactions. Feeling butterflies suddenly fly in the pits of my stomach, I squirmed around and held Haganezuka closer to me in our embrace.

"I suggested it, so why wouldn't I be fine with it? If you don't want to, you can decline-"

"No! I want to do it! I- I just-" I sighed, my arms becoming tighter around my fiance, "I wouldn't know what to do, seeing you like that." My breath hitched and I cursed as I realized what I had just said. The swordsmith raised his eyebrows and gave me a coy grin, putting a finger underneath my chin and tilting my head up. I panicked, not ready to meet him in the eye, nor be in the position he was guiding us to.

"Oh, you're quite frisky today, aren't you?" he chuckled, smoothing a thumb over my cheek, "But don't worry, I won't let it slide. It's been ages since we've done something together, and I want to make it up to you." He pecked my lips gently, but frowned, unsatisfied, then did it a couple more times until he was smiling from ear-to-ear. I managed to peel myself off of him after that, and hurried to draw the bath, not to get away from my fiance, but to quicken to process of our two selves meeting again in the bathhouse.