PTSD

Cedric's POV:
I have a lot to talk to Harry about. I need to gather my thoughts before I go. I paced around my room until I knew what I am going to say. By the time I realize that I should get going, it was 15 minutes later.

Harry's POV:
As I'm walking down the hall I slam into someone. "I'm so sor-!" I said.

"You should b- Oh it's you. Ugh, I can't believe I have to be nice to you. I'm so glad I didn't do it with you, you're too easy! Oh, by the way, your scars are nasty. I mean, what did you do to deserve those?" She said laughing.

Pansy's words are ringing in my head. My vision has blurred. I have to compose myself. I don't want her to see how much it hurt me. I speed walk to the room of requirements. I remember the thoughts I had when she did what she did. I guess I blocked most of them out.

When she had me pinned to the wall, flashes of Dudley punching the air out of my lungs came rushing to my mind. When she touched me, flashes of Uncle Vernon touching me flooded my thoughts.  They were mean people. I don't like to recall those memories. I rarely even admit that they've ever done anything to me.

It's hard to catch my breath, I think I'm having a panic attack. She reminds me of Uncle Vernon. He gave me the worst of my beatings.

I get into the room of requirements and it looks like the guest room in the Dursley's house. Why did it take me here?!

Flashback:
Everyday Uncle Vernon came home in a foul mood. Aunt Petunia made me cook twelve different meals just for them. I wasn't allowed to eat until they were done eating. I got their leftovers. They would leave me a quarter of a plate of food.

I ate and when Uncle Vernon saw that I was done he grabbed me by my shirt. "You better clean every single crumb off these dishes and the table. When you're done meet me in the room." He finished and spat on me.

That room is where I get most of my abuse. It was no secret to Dudley what that room was. He'd be in there sometimes, just watching.

I knew what was going to happen. Before I went up, I got my first aid kit ready in my room under the stairs.

⚠️TW⚠️

I walked into the guest room and saw Uncle Vernon sitting in the corner, he was scary looking. I knew what was about to happen.

"You will do as I say, boy. You will not make any noise." Uncle Vernon said.

I went to my happy place. I did as I was told. He told me to take my clothes off. He did this because he thought clothes made the beatings softer.

      When the animal was done beating me, he put my clothes back on and left me there.

End of Flashback

I remember pulling myself down the stairs and seeing Dudley watching the door waiting to see the damage. I barely made it to my room under the stairs.

     It was hard for me to get through this by myself. I had no one.

     I'm so grateful that Hagrid came for me. Who knows what could have happened. I probably would have died. No one would have noticed. I was a nobody.

Cedric's POV:
     I walk into the room of requirements and see Harry in the corner of the room, tears streaming down his face. He is so frail and fragile. I walk to him and squeeze him in a hug. He takes a deep breath and relaxes.

     "Cedric it was awful," Harry continues to cry.

"Harry, what happened?" I am worried.

"I ran into Pansy's and it brought back awful memories."

"Harry, are you absolutely sure you don't want to go to Dumbledore?"

"Yes. I can't show him how weak I am. I-"

"HARRY,"  I screamed as I wiped the tears off his face, "I apologize for yelling, but how many times do I have to tell you, you are not and have not ever been weak. You have been through so much. You are the strongest person I know. I am in awe of you. I will help you get through this. You will get even stronger than you already are." Harry looks speechless. I'm going to Dumbledore myself. There is no way I will just let her roam around the halls freely. I'll just have to come up with something that leaves Harry out of it.

     "Cedric, I love you." He squeezes me into a big hug.

    I'm a little stunned by what he says and I stay silent. We stay in the hug for a few minutes, until Harry pulls back.

     "Cedric? Are you going to sign up for the Triwizard Tournament?"

      "I was..." I don't want him thinking that I think he's a baby because I don't.

      "I think you'd do very well. You're brilliant at magic."

      "Thanks, Harry! I was scared to tell you I wanted to sign up."

      "Are you kidding? I'd never want to hold you back."

      My heart melted. I pulled him into a kiss. "Harry, you're the best!"

     "I know." We laugh and talk for a bit.

Harry's POV:

    Cedric is so supportive. I am so lucky.

   A bell rings: "All students come to the Great Hall." Dumbledore stated.