Chapter 1

(There will be a lot of cussing in this book. You have been warned)

Dear Diary,

Day 4,745...

Today is my 18th birthday and my mom has a surprise in store for me. I can't wait to see what it is. Anyways, I got to go. Sorry this is much shorter than I usually do but I will write again tonight to explain how my day went. Anyways, talk to you later!!

Sincerely,
(Y/N)

"(Y/n)! You ready yet?" My mom called to me as I put my diary under my pillow.

"Just about," I called back.

I had this diary since my dad started drinking to help keep me a little sane. I write in it everyday with either bad things or good things that happened over the past 13 years. Yes, I was 5 when my brother went MIA. I was sad then but didn't let it become too much of an issue to me and others until, that is, my dad started abusing us. He would blame me for making my brother disappear when I had no clue about the Airforce and other stuff like it.

Anyways, I threw on a white crop top that had white laces all around the top and white Daisy Dukes. I slip on some white flip flops. I didn't realize I was going to wear all white today until I was about to put my hair up. I slightly laughed at myself and put my hair up into a high ponytail leaving some out to hang over my left eye a little. I curled the hanging hair and put a hair clip in next to the pony. It had white and light pink flowers on it. My great grandmother gave it to me as a good luck gift. She told me to wear it each year on my birthday for the good luck to grow for when I turn 18. I smiled at how pretty I looked. I wouldn't consider myself as beautiful because I know there are a lot more people out there who are prettier than me. I didn't mind it as long as they don't taunt me that I'm ugly as shit.

I head downstairs to meet my mom in the kitchen. She placed a plate on the table with (f/d). My mouth watered as I saw what was on the plate. 2 buttermilk pancakes with 1 bacon, and 1 sausage smothered in strawberry syrup. Different fruit placed on top as mom put whip cream on top of the masterpiece. I smiled widely as she looked at what I wore.

"White, really?" She asked playfully.

"Yea yea, I know. White gets dirty fast but I wasn't paying attention to what I was putting on," I smiled.

"Just as long as you look just as beautiful as you always are," she sighed and smiled.

"You know I always will," I giggled.

I ate my breakfast and started getting ready for my surprise. Mom had said my surprise was somewhere not just something. Before I was able to go back upstairs to finish getting ready, mom had placed a box on the table. It looked like a box that you would put clothes in as a gift for someone. This one wasn't as big as I read the tag.

To (Y/n)

From Jonathan

I smiled in a sad way knowing this was a present my brother was saving me for when I turned 18. He even told me about it but not what it was before he left. Mom gave me an envelope with a card inside. The front of the card had my name on it. I turned it to the back and opened it to pull out a card.

The card was (f/c) with (f/f) all over the front. I opened it as a small pin fell out of it. I caught it and looked at it. It was my brother's pin he had. It was the shape of a jet in a small circle with a word bank under it that said "Airforce". I smiled and opened the card as mom sat down next to me.

The inside of the card had flowers only on the corners as the rest was blank and (f/c). There was a message written in it as I read it. It read:

Dear (Y/n),