CHAPTER 4

"Happy Valentine's Day" the calendar app beeped.

I woke up at two in the afternoon after two sleepless nights. I thought was getting back to Jay's text and wish him 'Happy Valentine's' but something just stopped me. I got up from the bed opened the curtains and OH MY GOD!! I was taken by how beautiful the place was. My room had a large pool and a big bathtub. I checked the cupboard, there was a beautiful bathrobe all I could think of was getting into my swimwear and chill in pool for hours with a glass of wine. I switched off my phone and decided to buy a new one to stay away from all the messages.

I wore the bathrobe sat in the bathtub relaxing reading my favorite Sidney Sheldon. I spent almost an hour lying there changed into some good clothes and went out of the room to have a look of the hotel. The place was soo beautiful and the hotel owned several pets. I played with their dog, Joey until I realized how hungry I was. I took a visit to the hotel reception and took their brochure. I stopped by an Italian restaurant to have lunch. I ordered spaghetti and a large margherita pizza along side a mojito. I swear I haven't eaten too since soo long. After the hearty meal I was finally full.

I was looking around the hotel. I rented the bicycle and went out to explore the place. I stopped by this local market bought a new phone and took a long relaxing massage. I was amazed to see how humble the people were. I was asking for some nearby café to have coffee when a beautiful lady invited me to her house. I chatted with her for sometime. She told me about her life, how their lives evolved after the visits of tourists. The lady had a beautiful vibe that gave me a home like feeling. I found my camera from college lying in my bag. I remember how passionate I was about being a photographer but life took new and such drastic turns. I roamed on the streets clicking pictures of the greenery, little children, working folks and local food.

I took a stop by the beach to look at the beautiful red sun setting along the seabed. I sat there for sometime clicked a few photographs. I saw this beach restaurant and decided to have lunch there. I ordered some food and beer.

"You son of a bitch, you need to pay before you leave."

"Calm down, baby. Let me talk."

"No, these fools are going to leave without paying Amol."

"Here you go, AUNTY. The boys left money and ran."

"How dare you call me aunty? Come back you...."

"Calm down Ma'am"  I went to her and handed her a glass of water.

"Thankyou, these young generation don't know anything. By the way, I am Zoya and he is Amol, my partner and this is our café."

I looked at Amol tall, muscular and dark just like those heroes. I greeted them.

"Hello I am Maya."

"Drinks for the two beautiful ladies.."

"No, thankyou. I was leaving. I need to get back my hotel its already late."

"Oh, but you need to come back tomorrow. Should we give you a lift?"

"No, thankyou. I have my bike." And I left back for the hotel.

I was soo tired that I went to sleep directly.