17. Confrontation... Part 2

The teacher was seated on her chair. She glanced towards Thapki's desk once in a while. But her face was blank without any expression. Beside her, the Mass gang boys were kneeling on the floor. They looked as if they were pleading to her. Thapki n Aditi were shocked to see tears in their eyes. They got concerned to see Bihaan and Aryan who were also crying.

Then Aditi turned around to look at her other classmates. She froze at the sight. Each n every person around her were in tears. Some sobbing loudly, some weeping quietly. She turned towards Thapki n saw that she was already looking towards her other side. Her eyes were strained at Dhruv who was crying.

They felt as if they didn't belong here. They tried hard to understand the situation but failed miserably. The boys beside the teacher were constantly begging for something.

After what seemed lyk 5 mins of pure confusion, the teacher decided to open her mouth. She made the boys return back to their places. She stood up to gain everyone's attention. She glanced towards Thapki n Aditi whose faces were blank. She understood that they hav no idea wat happened there minutes back.

Teacher : Thapki n Aditi, I suppose u hav no idea wat is happening here. But u r the reason for watever happening here.

Thapki (panicked) : Ma'am, we? We didn't even move from our place. What did we do?

Teacher : Okay. Let me explain wat happened here a few mins back. The boys r saying that u two complained about them to HM that made her issue T.C. for everyone in the class. And that explains y everyone in the class r crying.

Aditi (shocked) : What?! How can that even happen?

Thapki : They r our frnds. We would never think of doing something lyk that.

Teacher : But ur frnds r saying so. Y?

Aditi : Ma'am, it is a lie. They r lying. We didn't do anything. They r our frnds, y wud we do that?

Thapki : Yes ma'am. We can never do that. Who told this to them ?

She looked towards Bihaan n Aryan wid disbelief. How could they not trust their frnds. They had their heads bent down.

Thapki was so hurt that her frnds thought that she could hurt her frnds. Frnds r her world. She could do anything for them but not against them.

Teacher : If they r lying tell us the truth. Y u went there and spent almost half a day there? There must b some reason. It's not lyk u girls got punishment or something.

Aditi (in a low voice) : We can't say that ma'am... (she remembered that HM told not to reveal this to anyone)

Teacher : If u won't say the truth, everyone will believe them. Is that true? If not u must say wat happened there.

Thapki : Ma'am, we assure u that wat they r saying is not true. But we can't say the truth bcoz we aren't allowed to. I promise we didn't complain about them.

Now even Thapki started crying. She felt so helpless and hurt. The teacher felt bad for everyone but she can't help unless they say the truth.

Aditi had tears in her eyes. They were being punished for something that wasn't their fault. She got up from her place n walked towards their teacher. She spoke to her such that it was audible only to the teacher.

Aditi : Ma'am, I can't reveal the whole truth but I will say watever is required to clear this misunderstanding.

Teacher (moving towards her chair) : Yeah. Pls do that.

Aditi (taking a deep breath) : Today mrng, HM called us to her room to enquire abt our class. She already knew everything, she just wanted to hear it from us. But I swear it was neither me nor Thapki who informed her. We tried to deny but later had to give in. I know it's wrong but they r our frnds. We two tried to deny as much as possible. But Jaya accepted everything. She even revealed a few things which even HM didn't know about. HM scolded Thapki for being unaware of those things eventhough she is the class monitor. Later wen we spoke wid Jaya, she confessed that she was the spy in our class n also these ppl r not her frnds just bcoz they didn't want to be frnds wid a girl who pretends everything.
This was wat happened Ma'am. We r not at fault, we tried our level best. It was all Jaya. Pls explain it to everyone ma'am, they r not believing us. (She broke down). We can never think of hurting them ma'am. Pls... Pls say this to them...

Teacher (consoled her) : I understand dear. U r not at fault ryt? U shud not cry.

Aditi : But they r not believing us ma'am. Even our best frnds...

Teacher : I will talk to them. Ask Thapki to stop crying, she has wheezing trouble ryt? Even Dhruv... Console both of them... U shud b strong first. Go.

Aditi nodded n wiped her tears. She went near Dhruv n Thapki. She kept her hand on their shoulders n started consoling them.

Aditi (to Dhruv) : Dhruv, pls don't cry. U too? Don't u trust us?

Dhruv : No I trust u. I don't want them to be ryt. But it's just... They convinced us that it is true. I am scared.

Aditi (smiled) : Thanks for trusting us. Everything will be fyn. I talked wid ma'am, she will take care of everything. Stop crying and drink water. (Trying lighten up his mood) U know u look lyk a tomato now. Aww ur nose is lyk a cherry.

Dhruv faked an angry glare while Thapki who was listening to all this, chuckled slowly. Aditi let out a sigh.

Thapki : Adi, u sure everything will be fyn?

Aditi : Yes. Now u too, stop crying n drink water. Both of u don't pass out due to dehydration.

Tharuv smiled at her attempts to bring back everything to normal. But it is not so easy.

Teacher (clearing her throat) : Students, listen to me. Stop crying first. Everyone wipe ur tears n drink some water.

She waited till everyone did so.

Teacher : I know the truth now. Watever those boys were saying is all false. They were lying. It is true that HM got to know abt all ur misbehaviour but she found out on her own. Neither Aditi nor Thapki complained to her. There is a spy in ur class who informed everything to ur HM. But that's not important.
No one is going to get T.C. n no one complained abt anyone. Issuing T.C. for such things is impossible. Is it clear?
Forget everything n study for ur xams. Boys, stop doing unnecessary things. That is the main reason for watever happened today.
Also hav some trust on ur frnds. They r so hurt from ur behaviour. Apologize to them n try not to repeat these.
I will talk to HM n see wat I can do.

Her class was over. She gathered her belongings on headed out not before assuring that no one is crying.

The class was silent after that. Their last class was P.E.T., which was supposed to be full of fun n laughter. But it turned out to be gloomy n dull. Their day ended wid that n everyone went to their home wid a heavy heart.

/////=====/////=====/////=====/////=====////