#8 Nightmare!Sans X Reader

You were currently poking Nightmare's cheeks while he was reading a book. You were very determined to grab his attention, but he just kept on ignoring you.

     Nightmare always seem interesting to you. You wanted to talk to him and ask him about his past. You wanted to be friends with him or maybe even more in the future. But whenever you tried, he would just ignore you or say your annoying. He really is cold.

     You kept poking his cheeks and calling out his name.

     "Nightmare. Nightmare. Hey, Nightmare. You still awake, Nightmare? Nightmare."

     This went on for a while until Nightmare sighed and shut the book with a snap.

     "What!!?" He snapped.

     "Let's be friends." I said with a smile.

     "You are too noisy, and too annoying. I'd rather not be your friend."

     I pouted. "But, Nightmaaaarreee!"

     "Do shut up."

     "I won't stop until you agree to be friends with me."

     Nightmare sighed in annoyance and facepalms.

     "If I say yes, will you leave me alone?!" He asked.

     "I'll leave you alone. For now."

     "No deal." He said and went back to reading his book.

     "Hmp!"

     I crossed my arms in frustration. Why can't he just agree!? Life's more fun if you have friends. I creased my eyebrows in determination and continued poking his cheeks.

     "Hey, Nightmare. Nightmare. Hey, Nightmare. Answer me, Nighty. Pleeeeasee, Nightmare. Nightmare!"

     Nightmare snapped his book shut once more and stood up.

     "Just leave me alone, will 'ya!? Can't you understand that I don't want you around me?" He shouted.

     Nightmare sighed and walked out of the room leaving me all alone.

     In all the time that I've bothered Nightmare, he never shouted at me before. I must've pushed too far. He also said that he doesn't want me around. Throughout my life whenever someone would insult me I never get offended. So why does my heart hurt when Nightmare told me he doesn't want me around.

     I clenched my fist on my chest as tears started to fill up my eyes. I really did mess up.

     I stood up and wiped my tears away. I walked to my room and plopped down on my bed. I'll apologize to Nightmare tomorrow. Right now, he needed some space.

—Timeskip—

     Alright, today's the day. I am ready to face Nightmare again.

     I stood in front of the mirror trying to psyche myself up. I really hope he'll forgive me.

     I nodded to myself and walked to my door, but just as I was about to open it the door swung open by itself revealing a blushing Nightmare standing in the doorway. My eyebrows shot to my forehead in surprise. I was not expecting Nightmare to be here. This was most definitely not part of the plan. Oh, god. What am I going to do?

     I started to panic and my mind helpfully went blank. My hand suddenly felt clammy and sweaty. I tried to force my voice to work.

     "Hey, Nightmare!" I said in high-pitched voice. "What brings you here?"