Chapter: 16

3rd POV

Todoroki hadn't heard his brother name spoken in a long time, he must have finally told someone.

"Yes we are," Sero spoke for them.

"Good, for Midoriya Izuku, he had poison in his blood stream, it's a type of poison the acts immediately sending pulses to the brain, activating the pain recover making him feel like he's in pain. There was so much of it that he are choosing to wait it out, so he will be asleep for the next 12 hours until he know for sure it's safe. Other than that, the only injuries were stab wounds to both hands and thighs. Kaminari Denki had somewhat the same situation, stab wounds to the hands and thighs, he also had the same poison, but not as much. He is also being put asleep for the next 12 hoirs, just to be sure." The doctor looked back at his clip board. "Oh, yes, Todoroki Touya, he needed surgery immediately, the bullet was on the brink of hitting his heart. Whoever laid him down potentially save his life. Otherwise, every one is fine. They are in connected rooms, numbers 315, 316, and 317. Feel free to head on up."

Everyone head up to the third floor in groups, Sero with Kirishima, and Bakugou with Todoroki. Nothing too uncommon. They checked all the rooms to figure out who's in who. Kaminari was in the first, 315, Izuku was in the second, 316, and Dabi was in the third, 317.

"Baby, you go sit by Izuku, I'll be right back," Bakugou gave Todoroki a worried look. "Don't worry, it'll be quick." Todoroki gave Bakugou a quick peck on the cheek and went to Dabi's room. He was awake.

"Hey little bro," Dabi's smile was genuine as ever. "What have you been up to?"

"Stop it, this is real, I need answers while I still have time," Todoroki answered. Not in a harsh way, but in a way that would make his brother understand that this was no time for joking.

"Ok, ask away. I'm clearly not going anywhere." Dabi pointed to his chest.

"The gang thing, if you were truly not going to hurt any of us this entire time, if you truly knew it was my gang, why was Izuku and Kaminari in such bad shape the first time they came back, and then the second time, the doctor said they had poison in their system. What's that about?" Todoroki wasn't going to be accusing, he simply wanted answers. In fact, he was wishing his brother held Toga back, at least slightly.

"The first time, you're lucky you got them back at all. Toga was ready to go in and kill them multiple times. The first time you guys charged in, taking them back, I was about to stop whatever Toga was doing in there. The time you guys were about to fight, you're lucky you acted like you didn't know me because I was able to get Toga away without bloodshed. This time, I don't know much about what happened. All I know is that Toga had a plan, and she wasn't going to kill them. She never told me anything and she didn't allow anyone inside the room, not even the boss. I tried a few times, tried changing the camera for her, tried sneaking a peek through the key hole even, I was the desperate. But each time I was caught." Dabi's tone had the unspoken apology in it already.

"Its ok," Todoroki whispered. "As for now, I don't know if the judge will count you as a villain. You technically didn't do it, but you were there when it happened. If you aren't part of the 'villain group'," Todoroki labeled, "Are you going to stay? Or are you going to leave anyway?" Todoroki's voice was still barely above a whisper as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"Come here Sho," Dabi patted next to him on the bed and Todoroki hesitantly followed Dabi's instructions. "You know what I have to do, I love you, I love you so much, but I have to go. Dad will hunt me down, and if he finds out I told you everything, he'll kill me, then you. Your safety isn't something I'm willing to risk."

"But I can take care of myself!" Todoroki fought back.

"Sho, calm down, I don't want it to happen either, but it has to. I was thinking I could go to America. Maybe when dad doesn't care about us anymore, or he forgets, or dies, I can come back, but for now I can't stay."