Prolouge

A year ago today december 16, the day nobody saw coming. Today was the day our worst fears came true. The day that barely anyone survived. The day the world went to hell and never came back. Today marks the day when the apocolypse happened. Now im not talking zombies.... Its worse than that, we have creatures. The mist is one of them, It isnt anything that hides in the mist to be scared of, its the mist itself.  When it touches you it burns, It leaves these bubbles of air in your skin and give it a week or so and the gas inside kills you, The mist is a thin layer and you can easily crawl under it But, it can somehow sense you and if it does....The next is well i dont know what to call it, its a banshee type creature. it lets out a high pitched screech and if you hear it well you're fucked. It uses a type of echo location and follows you stalking before it finally pounces killing its prey. The next one is your average zombie, the dead undead, they have to bite you for you to die, takes 1 minute at most to change. Lots of blood and gore.

Well anyway I am Lily,  i was 15 when it happened making me 16 now. My parents died that day leaving me with my little sister . I still remeber my mom screaming at me to run and never look back.. They had sacrificed themselves for me and as for my little sister She is now 2 and as happy as a child living in this world can be. She does know when to scream for help but she usually stays next to me or Chris so we dont have to worry. I met chris a couple months after it began, since he was one of the only people alive and he was my age it was pretty easy to trust him. We bumped into each other getting food somewhere in arizona. I was worried about my sister and when he saw her he was to. Now and then we come against something but nothing really serious. So far after a year we havent ran into anyone else which leads us to believe we are the only ones left. I'll admit it scares me, not knowing what will be there lurking behind a corner or in the dark. But i must keep moving for my sister, i need her to grow up and live in a place where she can sleep without someone watching her.

A/N Thank you so much for reading even though this is just my prolouge i will definetly add more!! Once again thanks for reading! this isnt my first book but it is the first i've written and shared!