chapter 4

Its been at least a year since we left. Rose would've been 3. Maybe Chris was right. Maybe it was my fault. I shake the thoughts from my eyes and look for alec seeing her quite ahead. "Alec love come here" I call and she turns around jumping.

"I see someone mo-" she cuts herself looking down. 'she was about to call me mom' I think fighting the urge to grin.

"Lily there is someone over there" She says gaining my attention again. I stand up jogging over to her keeping a hand on my knife. Sure enough there was someone right there.

"H-help me" A voice calls. 'Well its a boy' I roll my eyes pushing Alec behind me.

"You've been bitten?" I call back gripping my knife

"N-no"

"How about scratched?"

"No"

"Seen?"

"Stop asking questions and help m-me" the boy manages to spit out. Well damn attitude.

"I have a child here with me how do I know you aren't a mutt?" I ask referring to rouges.

"I'm alone yes but I won't hurt a child. I traveled with a girl and her little sister before she died on my account." He reveals.

'Chris' My mind becomes on full Watch. 'Don't be silly he blamed you for rose's death'

"What is your name?" I keep my distance praying that this boy wasn't Chris, I wasn't ready to face him yet.

"Tell me yours first" He mumbles holding his head "Fuck. listen please help me"

"What is your name" I mumble my voice getting shaky.

"What is it to you?"

Then, Alec speaks to me softly "Is it Chris?" she asks wide eyed and I shake my head.

"What is your name?" I ask pushing Alec further behind me.

The boy sighs giving in "The name is Chris."