chapter 2

Almost as fast as the girl had fallen Chris was running over to her with me and rose quickly falling "We have to go... now" he breathes out and grabs the girl running on.

"C'mon rose" I say struggling to catch up with Chris "Hey slow down" I say as I catch up with him. "No time" he says almost harshly and continues on. I just sigh and nod following him, rose whining and playing with her hair as we run.

After we feel we are at a safe distance we stop leaving me to let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "You okay there?" Chris laughs and I glare at him.

"I'm fine thank you" I mumble setting rose down and she almost immediately runs to Chris and hugs his legs making him smile and the little girl shy away.

"Hey sweetie... what's your name?" I ask and she shakes her head hiding in Chris's shoulder. "Oh we won't hurt you.... we just need to know okay?" He says and she let's out a barely audible noise "Alec".

I smile softly at her "well hi alec. I'm lily, the guy who is holding you is Chris, and this is my little sister rose" I say and she nods struggling in Chris's grip.

"Let her go Chris" I snap and his eyes widens as he places her down. "Where are your parents alec?" I ask and her eyes well up in tears.

"They attacked us... there was a group of people... my parents told me to run and gave me this" she says nodding to the gun in Chris's hand. "They're gone now aren't they" she says letting the tears stream down her face. I look at Chris and see he is about to cry, once he sees me looking he wiped his eyes and coughs standing upright.

"They may still be here... let's see if we can find them... but you have to stay with me and or Chris at all times" I say and she nods her head. Chris sighs and I raise my head our eyes meeting. "What's wrong?" I mouth to him "First rose.. now her.. stop promising stuff we may not be able to keep" he mouths back and turns his back to me walking away.