Chapter 9

(Jack's P.O.V)

I kept drifting in and out of consciousness. I didn't know where I was and I knew that I was in a dangerous situation but I couldn't find the strength to break free. I wasn't sure how long I have been here for or how long I was stuck here and that worried me. A demon came in once with blood for me and I tried to get a read on its thoughts but I couldn't hear anything, not one thought. My thoughts kept drifting to Cass. I wanted to know if she was okay, if she was dealing without me. The door to the room opened and Savannah stepped inside.

Her auburn coloured hair was curled instead of straightened. Savannah was a pretty person and I rejected myself for that thought. Savannah grinned at me and pushed her chest closer to me but I had attentions of not falling for the little trick she was playing. I allowed my fangs to expand and I bit my tongue. The pain kept me focused on other things that are important. Savannah clicked her fingers and the lights in the room turned on.

The room looked expensive and I wouldn't doubt that she had killed someone just to get access to it. A large king sized bed sat in one corner and several plush looking seats were placed nearly in another corner.

"Oh Jack," Savannah giggled. "Just look at me."

"Nope," I said through gritted teeth.

Savannah giggled and moved closer to me. I snapped my eyes shut and concentrated on everything that made me happy. Savannah pressed her hands against my chest. I clenched my hands into fists and let a warning growl sound. I didn't like her touching me. Savannah pressed her body against mind and her breath tickled my neck. This time I allowed a louder growl to sound. Savannah finally mixed away from me and I opened my eyes back up.

"You're the first to resist me," Savannah said. "Why is that?"

I opened my mouth to speak but I quickly snapped it shut when I nearly said; Cass. That's exactly what Savannah wants to know. She's looking for another way to target Cass and I wasn't going to let her do that to her, not after everything she has already been through.

"Because I think you're repulsive," I replied.

It wasn't a lie because Savannah repulsed me. The way she has hurt Cass has permanently carved hate into my heart and she could never remove that hate without magic. I cared deeply for Cass and everything Savannah did to her affected me just as strongly as it would affect her.

"You think I'm repulsive that's fine by me," Savannah said. She appeared to be unfazed by what I had said to her. "Well, you think I'm going to be even more repulsive after you see this."

Savannah waved her hand in my face and an image appeared in front of me. My grip tightened on the chains around my wrist and u struggled to break free. I was seeing Luke kneeling on the ground with a tormented expression in his face, then I saw Cass. Her eyebrows were tilted up and it was clear as to what she was thinking about.

My attention was diverted from the scene and it focused on Cass. I watched as she reached out and touched the girl's forehead. Cass pulled her hand away and I could see that she was close to tears herself. A strange feeling clawed at the pit if my stomach as things started to click into place. The girl must have been Jodie and her brother was the other guy I didn't recognise and something had happened to Jodie.

"What did you do?" I demanded.

The image disappeared and I was greeted with the unattractive sight of Savannah. A grin twisted her features and she placed a hand on my cheek. I flinched away from her touch, repulsed that she had actually touched me.

"I sent Cassadee Parker a warning to back off," Savannah replied.

A growl tore its way from my throat and I struggled against the chains. Savannah was getting too aggressive and I had a bad feeling that the next person she was going to target was Cass.