Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"What do you mean you have a date?" Selson shouted, louder than necessary. Corey, Selson, Diego and Jude were all sitting in the lounge watching the TV with beers in their hands.

"I'm pretty sure the word 'date' is pretty self-explanatory, Selson. I'm going on a date. With a guy. Tonight" I stated, picking a can and popping the lid. None of the boys said anything as I sipped the beer, but I could see all their eyes on Selson.

"I'm not happy about this" he finally declared. "I mean how do you even know this guy? You've been in LA for twenty-four hours. How the hell do you already have a date?"

"Look at her" Corey added in, "who wouldn't want to date her?"

Selson sent him a glare, "not helping Corey. Look, Alora, I'm just not comfortable with this. You hardly know the guy, and all college guys are only ever after one thing--"

"You would know" I muttered

"--and they don't respect women. Plus you're only here for a month, so it's not like anyone is going to be interested in something serious. And what happened to Max?"

"Max? Who's Max?" I asked in confusion.

"You know, that guy you've been tutoring. Dad said the two of you really hit it off".

"Max Pickle? The kid is fifteen and has brace headgear" I exclaimed.

"He sounds perfect to me". Selson crossed his arms over his chest, and gave a dismissive shrug. I rolled my eyes, as I checked my watch again. Chad would arrive any minute to pick me up. So I chugged the beer quickly, to settle my nerves, before throwing the can in the bin. The boys look impressed with my drinking – I was like my brother in that respect.

"Look, Selson, I'm going whether you want me to or not. I thought I was meant to be having a summer without Dad breathing down my neck" I crossed my arms under my breasts, and I saw Selson's glance at my cleavage because of it.

"Fine you can go, but you're not going dressed like that". He waved dismissively at my dress – it was a summery lace white dress, which was low cut and fell to my mid thighs. That paired with some white flats; I thought I had breached the line between too formal and too casual that was always an issue on a first date.

"Selson, she looks amazing" Corey spoke up, laughing at his best friend. "Just let her go on her date".

Selson glanced at him, "shouldn't you be on my side? I thought you wanted to date her?"

"Of course I do, just look at her" he gestured up and down my body. "However, the quicker she goes on a date with this random guy, the quicker she realises the only person she actually wants to date is me. So the quicker she gets this date out the way, the quicker she comes home to me".

Selson and I both rolled out eyes at him. "There is nothing wrong with what I'm wearing" I told him sternly. My brother turned to the other fraternity members we were with.

"Which of you want to fuck my sister right now?" he asked. Jude, Diego and Corey all put their hands in the air. Selson turned back to me. "See? You're not going out like that".

I turned to the boys, "which of you would fuck me no matter what I was wearing?" Again, they all threw their hands up. I turned back to Selson with my eyebrows raised. He sighed heavily, sending a glare at his college brothers. Then the door knocked, and I turned.

But before I had the chance to move that way, Selson grabbed my arm so he could hold me back. I thought he was going to say I couldn't go, but I quickly realised it was so that Corey could go ahead of me and answer the door. I let out a sigh of annoyance.