Chapter 41

Warning: some really explicit language in this one ;)

Lisa's POV

Four weeks had passed since Chaeyoung and I had talked to Amber that day at the café. That conversation had been crucial for me. Even though I had lost the first patient I had connected with, him and Amber had still inspired me to keep going. It was worth it in the end, I remembered his words constantly. Proceeding with treatment was extremely hard the longer I was going through it.

I had had my fourth dose of meds this morning which meant I was at the halfway point of my regiments. Another six weeks and I was done with the dose-dense chemotherapy I had chosen. Three months didn’t sound very strenuous compared to other patients who had treatment for six months but the recovery time of only two weeks in between fastened up the process. The downside was obvious from the very beginning but I did my very best to fight the most common side effect of exhaustion and fatigue.

Chaeyoung and I were definitely getting better at finding our own rhythm and we enjoyed the time we had with another more than in the very beginning. Unfortunately, I was getting weaker with every round of meds and I hated seeing her being trapped in the apartment with me all the time. She never said it but I was afraid she could feel lonely. I had a lot of friends here in New York and they came by a lot. But they weren’t her confidants; except for Jennie of course. Vero, Seulgi and Nicole were all trying to be there for Chaeyoung as much as for me but I still had that nagging feeling she needed someone to talk to and take her mind off things for a little while at least.

Our plans to get married soon were still on but with my decreasing energy we wanted to wait a little while so I was stronger. I didn’t want to collapse at city hall and make that memorable moment a nightmare for both of us. The thought of solidifying our commitment to one another still made me smile like an idiot every time.

My eyes were focused on the page in front me while I scribbled down some lyrics. It had been a while since I had written or composed and I was longing for that creative outlet. Sitting in bed, I didn’t have anything to do all day and while I usually took a long nap after treatment, I was surprisingly energized today since we had come back from the hospital.

I was so caught up in my world of finding the right words to create the perfect song that I hadn’t noticed Chaeyoung coming into the bedroom. The paper in front me was suddenly pushed to the side by some slender fingers and I came back to reality by looking up. Chaeyoung was smiling widely and standing at the side of the bed; but not for long. She surprisingly straddled me while I was still sitting on the bed with my head leaning against wooden headboard.

“I thought you were asleep”, she said and bent down to kiss my lips gently. I kissed back just as softly and let my hands rest on her thighs.

“No, I wanted to try and write something”, I explained and the brown eyes lit up subtly at my words. “What?”, I asked with a little smirk.

“Nothing”, Chaeyoung brushed it off. “I’m just happy to see you back in your element. You’ll have to play it for me once you’re done.”

“What do I get in return?”, I challenged and saw the older woman biting her lower lip.

“I can think of a lot of things right now but you would need a little more energy to keep up”, she chuckled while bending down. Her lips brushed against the sensitive skin of my neck and left a trail of soft kisses before coming up and meeting my lips again. I withdrew my hands from her thighs and cupped her face instead. She was trying to hold back but I felt her body reacting more strongly than she probably wanted. Trapping her skilled lips between my own felt heavenly every single time and her quiet sigh of pleasure validated that she felt the same.