Chapter III: Criminal

*Y/N's POV*

It was morning after that night Torchwick escaped and I rejected offer to join Beacon. Right now I was in a hotel room preparing to go to my work otherswise I wouldn't have money to pay to the hotel and I would have to live on the streets... which honestly I don't want... I left the hotel and I made my way to my work... I was helping on a construction site... The money I got were nothing but at least it was enough to pay the hotel.

I arrived there and was met by my boss.

Boss: "Oh Y/N there you are.. today you'll be putting a plaster on the house..."

You: "Got it." He gave me everything I'll need while I put on a hard hat." 

While I was doing the plaster I heard other workers talking.

Worker: "Did you hear there was another robbery?"

Worker 2: "Again?! What shop did they rob this time?"

Worker: "I heard it was a Dust shop.... what was it's name again? I heard Roman Torchwick robbed it."

Worker 2: "So we have hunters and huntresses to protect us and they fail this simple robbery? Where's the world going..."

Worker: "It's not their fault.... they say two kids ruined their success..." Suddenly I felt two pairs of eyes staring at me...

Worker 2: "HEY Y/N COME OVER THERE!"

You: "SORRY I STILL HAVE WORK TO DO..."

Worker: "Fine you don't have to but do you know about the robbery that happened yesterday?"

You: "What robbery?"

Worker 2: "Don't act stupid.... you know what happened..."

You: "I seriously don't know what you're talking about... and if you would be so kind I still have to finish the plaster...." I then heard boss talking to them.

Boss: "Hey you two.... get your lazy butt up and get to work.... we have to finish this house until sunday." They groaned and got to work. Meanwhile the boss came to me. "I saw you yesterday fighting Torchwick... and protecting that girl... you kicked their butt..."

You: "How did you see me."

Boss: "I live just opposite the shop."

You: "Thanks I guess..."

Boss: "Which gives me a question.... why don't you join Beacon?" My expression then changed to sad as Neo's face with a smile appeared on my mind..

You: "It's because I had a friend... she unfortunatelly died 9 years ago... we made a promise that either we'll go to Beacon together or we won't go there at all.... and before you ask... I would feel like I betrayed her if I'd go. Promises shoud be kept."

Boss: "You're right.... anyways I won't waste your time so you can work... but come to my office after you're done for today... I have a bonus for you."

You: "I appriciate it.... thanks." He then left probably to make sure others are working and not just lazing around. After the work was done I went to the boss' office... he gave me an envelope where I saw 10 000 lien... "That's.... very generous."

Boss: "You deserve it.... now go and enjoy your free time."

*Later that day*

It was evening and I was strolling through the city of Vale with my spear on my back and pouch on a hip. I made it to the ice cream shop I wanted to go yesterday. I opened the doors and was greeted by both employees and guests. I took a secluded seat at the corner of the shop. A waitress appeared in a while. Her hair was a combination of black and red and her eyes were like two giant jades. She was the same age as me.