Chapter 17 - Case ii

It occurred to you that you hadn't been drinking the tea Soyeon had given you. While spending your time at the hospital you had completely forgotten about it, and to be honest, after today you could take a small break.

You headed to the kitchen from the infirmary, made a B-line for the kettle and boiled it, taking out the nettle tea mixture Soyeon had prepared for you. Hopefully it would soothe your nerves. While you prepared it, your mind wondering off to that black haired man you had tended too, hoping he was okay. 

You still weren't sure how he had managed to perform that disappearing act on you and it had you questioning whether your head had confused you with the amount of time you had your back turned on him. That as a dangerous area, the point where snippets of time would be cut out of your memory, similar to amnesia. That's what would get you locked up in this place, thinking you had done something you hadn't or confusing reality with  dreams. 

You shook your head to rid yourself of the thoughts.

Instead of having a delicious fresh smell of cooked food and warmth, the kitchen had a slight musty, sour smell, probably of gone off food and milk. It was warm but it was the stuffy kind of warmth, and although the kitchen surfaces were always being cleaned and wiped down there was still an untidy and messy look to it, like the grime and scale that would clog up in the corners and cracks had grown tenfold. 

A chorus of hushed gasps and giggles entered your ears all of a sudden, from the other nurses and kitchen staff. You were too focused in your thinking and daydreams that you failed to register the body that had made its way over to you, standing just beside you waiting for you to acknowledge its presence.

You jumped, as gasp leaping from your mouth as you spun with the hot kettle in your hands, the water almost sloshing out of the snout and onto the person you almost walked into.

Poised like a prince, eyes glittering and pink plump lips curled upwards softly as Jimin stared down at you, something in his eyes you couldn't quite place.

You immediately noticed that he was alone, his security team no where in sight. You almost laughed to yourself. A king in the servants work place without his knights. It was like the start to a cliche romance novel. Ỏ̶͉n̵̖̊e̷̗͌ ̶̝̈́t̸͔̿ȟ̷͙ą̷̊t̷̞̍ ̴̙̄ṁ̴̨a̵͔̓y̶̤̎ ̷̼̎h̷̝̄a̴̪͝v̴̘̑e̶̗͠ ̶̧̑a̸̙̾ ̸͉̑d̴̰͛ā̶͔r̸͉͐k̶̮͝ ̷̗͝ẻ̵̮ņ̵͆d̶̲̋i̷̳͠n̸͕̏g̵̥͝. If you weren't careful you might accidentally fall for his stupidly handsome face.

Only it couldn't be because there was absolutely no way Jimin would be interested in you like that. Oh well, a girl could dream.

His tie had been loosened slightly, the top button of his shirt undone, looking like he could breathe a lot easier with a single button and slight loosen of his tie. Yeah, he was really letting his hair down. Not.

"We have to stop running into each other like this," was the cheesy line that came out of his mouth. 

Was he actually talking to you? You glanced round and behind dumbly, not actually believing that he was gracing you with his attention, and turned back to him, wiping the 'deer caught in headlights' look off your expression.  

"(Y/n) was it?" 

"Yes, and you're Park Jimin," his breath snagged a bit at the sound of his name on your lips, "there aren't many who don't know who you are. What can I do for you, sir?" You had been so tempted to swap the 'sir' with 'your majesty', but bit your tongue before you could. 

"Please, just Jimin," he insisted with a small motion of his hand. 

"Ah, ok. Then, what can I do for you, Jimin?" You asked.