Chapter 2; The Talk

Chapter 2; The Talk

~Dimitri POV~

    I looked at rose and gave her a weird look like ' what the?' and then she left and I was alone with her parents. Her mom, Guardian Hathaway looked at me and then sat down on Lissa chair near a table with three other seats around it. Then her father Abe sat down next to Guardian Hathaway. 

 "Sit" she said to me and I did.

  "Um... what's this about?" I asked her and looked at Abe.

"We want to talk with you and it won't be long because I have to go back to my people and so do you" She said with a strait face.

  "Okay" I said back with a light smile. "Go ahead."

" Well.. we just wanted to ask you some important questions" Abe said and lightly smiled too.

  "Okay... Go ahead" I said back.

"We want to know if you and our daughter are truly in love" He said, "There is no wrong answer."

 "Yes we are." I said back with a strait face and thought 'how awkward this conversation was.'

"Okay, and we okay with that, we also wanted to know if you were thinking about marrying her?" He said with a smile and then Guardian Hathaway did too. 'Okay now it was awkward.'

"...I..I have but... Well I haven't seen her in a while so.. I just couldn't find the right time, but I do love her" I said with a smile. 'And why are they doing this?' I asked myself.

 "Well why don't you do it when Lissa leave collage and comes back to the Court?" Guardian Hathaway said.

  "Okay... maybe" I said and the they smile and left, I sat there looking at a wall. 'Wow... just wow. That was crazy.' I thought to myself and then I almost started to fall asleep and then thought 'Oh Man. I can't sleep, I have to go see Christian..'  I slowly got up and strained me posture, and walked out of the room and down the hallway and realized people were staring at me and whispering with their friends or people around them. ' They would have to look at me a few good reasons.. one like a few years ago I was strigoi... two I am guarding the kid that is dating the Queen and I'm not with him.. three i'm dating Rose and most guardians don't date.. and four Rose is younger than me and before I was her old teacher.' I thought to myself. I just walked like nothing was going on around me and headed for Christian.