peter meets the rogues pt.2

Background info: same as last time (mention of pepperony)                                                                     Tw: Non Steve approved language

Peter's Pov

I looked up at the people that had just entered the kitchen. It was the fricking avengers. At first I was amazed. THE AVENGERS were here. Then my gaze fell on Steve and I remember what they did. They betrayed Mr. Stark. Left him- my dad/mentor -to die. "Mr. Stark. Why are they here?" I turn too look at him, but his face is pale, just staring at Steve as the scowl on his face deepens. I put my hand on Mr. Stark's arm, trying to reassure him, and he snaps out of it, turning to look at me.

"Tony, why is there a kid here." Steve asks, looking at me. "Well, Capsicle, this is my personal intern Peter. I'm taking care of him while his aunt's away." Mr. Stark responds, losing the nervous look he had before. "You? Taking care of a kid? Pfft. You can't take care of yourself, much less another human being. Face it, Stark. You're just a drunk and a playboy, who has zero responsibility and lets others clean up his messes. Come on son," His attention directed to me, " I doubt you want to be here anymore than Stark wants you here." Most of the other avengers look at the floor, or anywhere other than Steve, Mr. Stark, and I. Ms. Romanoff, however, glares at Steve, Ms. Maximoff looks angry, And Mr. Barton opens his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it.

"Excuse me, Rogers, how the hell can you talk to Mr. Stark like that. He is letting you live in his house, even after YOU betrayed him. You stuck your shield in his chest and left him to fucking die." The others look surprised at this. "And I'm guessing you didn't even tell the rest of your team that? When you fought, he was just trying to defend himself. He wasn't trying to hurt you, even after everything you did to him. Did you think you could just lie to him about Bucky killing his parents and he would just be perfectly fine with that, like "Oh, yep. That makes perfect sense, who needs parents anyways?" And you have no right to say that he isn't a good person and can't take care of me, because you don't even know him. Mr. Stark has been clean for about a year now, and he is in a committed relationship with Ms. Potts and I think they are adorable together. Mr. Stark has always cared for me and been there for me when I need him, and frankly I see him as a father-figure, but you didn't know that. You don't know anything about him Rogers, so kindly shut the fuck up." I looked around, and everyone seems pretty startled. Mr. Stark smiles though, and wraps his arms around me. "This is a hug, by the way." He says quietly. "And I only answer to dad now." I smiled against his shoulder.

The other avengers looked dumbfounded. Steve opened his mouth to respond but Mr. Barton covered it with his hand. " I think you've done enough talking, Cap." Ms. Romanoff looked at me, smiling a little bit as she stuck out her hand. "I'm Natasha, but you can call me Nat or Tasha. It's a pleasure to meet you Peter." I shook her hand, " O-ok Nat." One by one the avengers introduced themselves, all except Steve, who just looked away in shame. "Um. Tony? I'm sorry." He finally said. "Sorry isn't going to cut it, Steve. I appreciate it, but I still don't trust you. It'll take time for me to forgive you completely." "Ok. I understand." Suddenly someone started clapping. We all turned around to see Nick Fury standing there watching them. "Congratulations, you have reached maximum levels of corniness. Now I expect you to get acquainted with where you'll be living?" There were various responses of yeah, yep, and nods from the rogues. "Alright then. Goodbye." Mr. Fury left and everybody went to check out there rooms except for Mr. Stark and I.

"Well I think I'm going to go on patrol now Mr.-dad." I said. "Ok, kid. First though, there's one thing I want to talk about." "Hm?" "You just called Natasha Nat. It's the first time you two have met. What's up with that?" "Dad. It's Natasha fucking Romanoff." Mr. St-dad just smiled and rolled his eyes and I left to go get my suit.

Little did they know that Natasha was listening to their conversation the whole time, grinning. She'd never tell you, but she has quite the soft spot for kids.

Hi! Daphne here. This is the end of my first one shot. I hope you liked it!