nine

/ 09 /

/ 09 /

Finally, school was back. I usually hated to be back to school but honestly, I was happy to see Cory, Topanga, Jasper and Angela. I'd spent a lot of time with Shawn during Christmas break and I so badly wanted to say I was getting sick of him, but I just wasn't. And that was not good. We did have quite a lot of fun but sometimes, I'd get a little carried away and have to remind myself that Shawn and I were... just like brother and sister. Today, we were leaving for a school trip to a ski lodge in the middle of nowhere. 

When I got to school with Angela, we met Cory, Shawn and Topanga at the locker area in the hall. It was good to be back in civilization again.

"Hey, how was break?" I asked Topanga, pulling her into a tight hug.

"It was great! How was yours?" She exclaimed happily, pulling away.

"Oh, you know... cold." I blandly replied, the both of us laughing afterwards. I turned to Cory and opened my arms, hesitantly welcoming him for a hug. "And how was your break, Matthews?"

"Oh, just dandy. We had the Miss Topanga over. It was... well, dandy." He explained, giving a smile.

Shawn and Angela kissed each other and soon after our first class, we were out in the hall with all our stuff packed and ready to go. Whilst Topanga was talking to Cory, I walked over to Jasper, frequently looking over at Shawn and Angela.

I think Jasper noticed because what he said next kind of put me off.

"Did you and Shawn do something over winter break?" He'd asked so suddenly. I turned my head to Jasper.

"What? No, of course not. I would never do that to Angela." I insisted. I mean, I wasn't lying. I would never do anything to hurt her. But I still felt kind of guilty.

"Just make sure it stays that way." He told me. I had a feeling he knew something about me that I didn't even know about.

"Jasper, like I said, Shawn's like my brother. There's nothing that could possibly happen between us, okay?" I told him, sternly. He gave me a look that said he didn't believe me but I pushed it aside.