twenty

/ 020 /

/ 020 /

Shawn's POV

"Alright, it's the last week of school, Monday, and I think it's time to figure out this triangle." Cory explained, as we walked in through the back door of his house into his kitchen. Ugh.

"Cory, there's no triangle." Rue insisted, closing the door behind her. There was but we were all avoiding it.

"Oh, there's a triangle." Topanga assured, making me roll my eyes.

"Don't you try and hide it, we all know there's a triangle going on here and you guys need to fix it." Cory went on. Jesus Christ help me.

"Why can't we all just be friends?" Rue whined, dropping her shoulders. We had quite a lot of time before school started so we were just hanging out at Cory's house beforehand.

"Because you guys don't have friend feelings." He fought, making a lot of hand gestures. "I'm not gonna let this go on until college." 

"Cor, just drop it, alright?" I deadpanned, shaking my head. Cory made a face of frustration before pulling me into the living room, away from everyone else.

"Shawn, I know you love them both but you can only be in love with one of them." He told me in a low, quiet but deadly voice. Cory was an idiot but he was also unfortunately right.

"Cory, I know you're just trying to help but like you said, I'm the one who has to choose, right? So back off." I answered.

"Shawnie, there really is no choice. I already know who you picked." He said. Wait, he did?

"What? How?" I asked him, arching my eyebrows.

"I just do, okay? I'm not gonna tell you because then you'll feel obligated to choose her." He explained to me.

"Then how do I know I'll choose the right one?" I asked him, kind of regretting the way I put my words. "I-I feel like I'm objectifying them, can we not talk about this?"

"Trust me, Shawn, you already know who you're in love with. You just need to let yourself believe it."

Once we got to school, first class was a complete, emotional mess. All I could think about was Rue and Angela. For obvious reasons. 

I discreetly looked over at Angela. She was writing her notes down in her notebook from what the teacher was saying. 

She looked so focused. She walked around like she had a purpose. That's what I liked about Angela. She was a good student and hardworking. She was different from the girls I've dated. She was definitely going somewhere great in this world. 

She was the first girl I ever went out with that wasn't only in it for the kissing and making out.

I looked over at Rue, sitting beside me, who was picking at her nails and had her leg folded so her boot was resting on her desk. She wasn't focused at all. She didn't have a care in the world.