Setting the Scene

The set is filled with loud voices. Everyone is clambering about the scene making sure that everything is in place for the actors. Keith finagles with his camera, ensuring that the clunky contraption is on and pointing in the right direction. He practices moving the camera smoothly along the predetermined path, so that the shot is clean and the actors hopefully don't have to retake it too many times.

The movie, Love is Right in Front of You, is a romcom about a young man falling in love with a girl, who tries to date other men, but to no avail. The young man stays her friend and keeps his emotions hidden, until she realizes that she really does love him. In Keith's opinion it's really cheesy, but apparently girls everywhere love cheesy romance movies.

Through his camera Keith spots Pidge, a short but shockingly strong woman. She is the special effects head; she knows precisely how to get the desired effect. Right now, she's busy speaking with her team about what needs to be done. A little drone that Pidge programmed to follow her, flies behind her like a pet bird, humming softly. She is one of Keith's best friends, but he has always been just a little scared of her, despite her small stature. She is insanely brilliant and excellent at holding grudges. Keith chuckles at the memory of their prank war a few years ago; one that landed them both in the hospital for broken bones.

Allura, the beautiful actress with shimmering white hair and dark skin, is on the side of the set practicing her lines with her new boyfriend, Lotor. Allura plays the main female role; the one who searches for love in the wrong places before finding it right before her (like the title suggests).

Lotor is a devilishly handsome actor, incredibly famous and rich. He isn't in the movie, but he wants to make sure her ex-boyfriend makes no unwanted moves. He flips his long, white-blond hair over his shoulder, making Allura and a couple other girls around swoon at the sight. Keith sighs and rolls his eyes. Leave it to snobby rich guys to make people swoon. He did used to have a celebrity crush on Lotor (especially after his role in an action movie where he prominently displayed his 8-pack abs for at least half the movie), but that crush officially died when Keith met him. Keith absolutely cannot deal with obnoxious men.

Keith glances around to the director's chair, where Shiro is sitting and talking with Hunk and Veronica. Hunk is the main actor's agent. He's a huge sweetheart, and Keith loves being friends with him. Hunk also loves cooking and has invited Keith over for some spot-on dinners. Veronica, a Cuban girl with short hair and glasses, is taking notes next to Shiro. She's his assistant and makes sure that his will is executed exactly. She is perfect for the job, being both crazy smart and very much a perfectionist. Her younger brother, the main character of the movie, was the one who recommended her, and Shiro has been grateful ever since.

Shiro is the director of the film; it's his eighth movie overall. And he's Keith's older brother. Keith is adopted, of course, so technically they aren't related by blood, but they get along extremely well.

After Keith finished his lastphotography gig, he was looking for a new job. He usually makes money taking wedding pictures or headshots for actors,but work has been slow for the last several months. When Keith mentioned it at dinner one time,Shiro offered him the job as cameraman for his movie. Although Keith never handled such a bigcamera before, Shiro trusted him to figure it out, and he did. 

/ I know this was a lot of crap, but I can't help but set the scene up.  Sorry! Let me know how I can improve my writing! THanks/