Prologue

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

PROLOGUE

"Honey... what do we do?" My mothers soft voice spoke.

"We can't keep her. There's something wrong with her and I don't want to find out what it is. Do you want to be known as having a child who's like... her?" Dad's voice semi-yelled.

"She's our daughter!" Mom burst into tears.

"Your gonna keep her, then? Your gonna keep this freak?!"

"I can't give our daughter away like that!"

"Fine then. I guess I'm leaving. And by the way, she's your daughter. Not mine. I refuse to have that freak as a daughter!" Dad's voice yelled and he rushed towards the door.

My mom followed him to the door, reaching for his arm and crying on his shoulder. He shook her off and she fell to the floor in tears.

"Have fun with your daughter." He hissed and slammed the door in her face.

I stood shakily in the doorway, peering over to watch this horrible scene. I was clutching my sky blue teddy bear in my free hand as my other rested against the wall. I gasped as my mother turned and looked towards me. She pointed a shaky finger at me, and her usual loving face held no other emotion than panic and pure rage.

"This is all your fault!" She stood up and walked towards me. I gasped and shrank back.

"Mom?" I held my bear tighter.

"I will never be your mother! Get in the car, now!" She grabbed my arm and I could barely use my ten year old strength against hers to hold on to my teddy bear. She dragged me out the door and basically threw me into the back seat. She slammed the door with such a great amount of force I thought the windows might shatter.

I watched as she got into the drivers seat and slammed on the gas, making me jerk my head forward and hurry to put on my seatbelt. The car rushed out of the driveway and she didn't even bother to stop or look as the car rushed into the street. She stayed quiet the whole ride and refused to look at me.

A while later we pulled into a huge, strange gray building with gates around it. She opened my door and dragged me out of the car. She entered the building with me and slammed her hand down at the front desk.

"This is Cadence. Cadence Evans. She needs to be here." She rushed out angrily.

"Yes ma'm, what is her issue?" The small lady behind the desk said politely.

"She sees things. All the time. She's a freak! A freak!" She yelled out.

"Um, here are the forms ma'm. Please fill them out and we will evaluate her." The lady said nervously.

"I don't need to fill out any forms! I can prove it! I can!," She turned to me looking crazed. She started to shake me. "Show them! Show them Cadence! I said show them!" Her hand made contact with the side of my face and I fell. I had never been hitten before.

The lady stood up and ran to us. She started to yell at my mother and called for some doctors. My mother looked down at me and gasped. "No, you don't understand! Look!" She pointed at me and smirked.

Everyone was staring at me. Everything was completely silent.

What do they see? I suddenly grew very afraid.

Then, everything around me changed. An older lady in the corner dropped her cane and slipped and fell. Before I knew what was happening, I was up and felt something in my hand. I blinked a few times and suddenly got my awareness back. I was looking into the scared eyes of the old lady, and I held her cane in my hand.

I stopped it from falling.

I stopped her from falling.

Whats wrong with me?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A.N.

Hey readers! I'm really happy with how this new prologue turned out. I promise, no starting over this time. Ninja's honor.
So I hope you guys enjoyed this and I'm glad that some of my old readers may still be reading my stories. Thanks for not giving up on me.

Vote
Comment
Share
Happy birthday to my wonderful daddy! Love you!

~*{ғѧԀєԀяѧıṅɞȏẇ}*~