Chpater 3: Come home Round-Face

Ochako's POV

"Katsuki..."

I had repeated his name for a second time not sure if he had been able to understand me. He hasn't said a word in the last two minutes. It was so unlike him.

"W-where are you? Um I'm leaving work right now, are you at asshole's house? Are you hurt!?"

I smiled at his voiced concern. He never showed this side to anyone but me. I was so thankful for his reaction.

"No, no I'm at my apartment I-I left Deku today and I-I, I'm so sorry Kat fo-"

"Don't you dare apologize Round-Cheeks, It's me, sorrys are never necessary, I'll be over in ten minutes, key still under the rug at the front door?"

I chuckled at his clever memory before answering.

"You know I never remember to put it back, but the front doors unlocked so-"

"What the hell Ochako!? Lock it!? I don't want that crazy bitch getting into your apartment before I get to you!!!"

I was full blown laughing now, the tears forgotten as Katsuki continued to scream about me needing to lock the door. I could tell he was getting irritated by me and finally agreed to lock the door.

We talked for a few more seconds before he hung up to drive. I couldn't ever remember Katsuki being this careful. It was a nice change but I just was glad to have heard his voice.

I leaned back on the couch before I realized we'd have nothing to do. I rushed and set up my gaming console and searched for Katsuki's favorite game to find it was already in the system covered in dust. It really had been that long.

I ran my hands through my hair as I threw on my favorite pastel shirt and some pajama pants. It had been so long since I had worn shorts. I shivered as I sat back down on the leather couch.

I watched the clock before realizing the batteries were long dead. It had been at least six months since I had stepped into this apartment and probably a year or two since I last changed those batteries.

A knock at the door made me jump. It had only been like 5 minutes, maybe Katsuki hadn't been as careful I had once thought. I nervously stepped up to the door. My hand rested on the cold doorknob. It had been ten years. Would this all have been a cruel joke or would Katsuki really be right there.

Dear Katsuki....do you still love me ten years later?

TBC