6

The next morning, Tilly was knocking on my door. "Tammy! It's a big day!" she said through sobs. Today I went to the arena.  I came out, fully dressed and showered. I would be changing into my outfit I wear in the arena in the Catacombs, underground chambers used for the tributes to get ready to go into the arena. Tilly came to me in tears, "I will miss you ever so much!" Cashmere came over and said, "Good luck. Remember, you got the twelve." 

Sabine met me on the roof of the Training Center, "You ready?" she asked "Well I suppose I don't have a choice. Even if I'm not ready I have to go to the arena." I sighed. We climbed on board the hovercraft. A woman injected something into my arm, "What's that?" I asked, it was Sabine who answered, "Your tracker. They use it to pinpoint your exact location every second, of every day." I pondered on this for a moment. What if I were to loose my tracker, maybe by cutting it out. Well, that wouldn't exactly help me get gifts. I gave my head a slight shake to clear the reckless thought.

In the catacombs, an underground room, with concrete walls, floors, and roof, with a metal plate in one end of the room, I donned a dark red sleeveless top, with a high collar, a zipper on the front going from the top of the collar to my chest, and a black number 1 on the back. I had black leggings, and black hiking boots. She did my hair in a side ponytail that went over my shoulder.   "Sabine?" I asked, "Could you give me a clue on where I'm going?" She took a close look at the outfit, "Judging by the design of the outfit, the material, and the shoes, my best guess would be mountains." I nod, I'm just about to thank her when a voice, the same one from the private assessment, tells us to prepare for launch. Before I stepped onto the plate, Sabine clipped my token in my hair, the small crystal rose hair clip, and wished me good luck. I stepped onto the plate and a glass tube slid down around me. I felt myself rising up, about to start the games. 

I emerged in a plain with 23 other children, surrounded by dark woods, mountain tops peaking out above the tree line in a perfect circle. About twenty metres in front of me, was the mouth of the golden Cornucopia, I spotted knives and arrows, a whole heap of dangerous goods, I even thought I saw a blow dart. Claudius Templesmith's voice boomed, "Let the seventy-second annual Hunger Games, begin!" the countdown began, for some, these would be the last seconds of life, for me, the last seconds of safety. 5, I centered myself,  4, I looked around me,  3, I stared at the Cornucopia,  2, I got ready,  1 . . .