11

My prep team, who were getting me ready for my interview, were appalled by how much hair I had grown over the last few days, "Can't you control your hair growth?" Complained Kylie, "I'm sorry, but I don't know how." I replied, then quickly added "And don't bother telling me." I thought about the past few days. I had one the Hunger Games, on the hovercraft, I was greeted by Cashmere and Tilly, who, being Tilly, had tears in her eyes. Then I was fed a lamb stew with small plums. When we arrived at the Capitol, I went to bed. Then I woke up this morning, with my prep team bending over me, smiling like psychos. They were discussing weather they should apply make up now or later. Eventually they made up their minds saying that they wouldn't want to ruin my dress. They proceeded to rid me of hair, and then I ended up here. "OK. I think that's it." Said Kylie, bringing me back to the present. They went and got Sabine and she came in with a grey sleeveless dress. The skirt was kind of stiff and came out a bit from the waistline. "Are we ditching the sweet little girl look?" I asked, confused. Sabine made a sound of amusement, "I guess so. You see, because you won the Hunger Games, we can't exactly portray you as an innocent little girl anymore." OK that makes sense, "What about the colour?" I asked, that was the confusing part, "Oh! Have you not heard? You were first called the Alpine Predator, then you were called The Wolf, then you were called The alpha. Grey is the most common colour for a wolf." Oh, OK. I slipped on the dress. It was a perfect fit. Sabine gave me a pair of boots. They were grey, with shiny buckles, that looked just the same as my knives. My knives! Where were they. I looked around and breathed a sigh of relief, they were on my dresser. She then gave me an accessory that hugged my neck, appropriately named a choker, which, once again, looked just like the blades of my knives. My prep team burst into the room and immediately attacked my face with make up. When they had finished, they put me in front of a mirror. I gasped. The girl standing before me was beautiful. Her dress was seamless, and her face had just enough make up to define her features. Her amber eyes were framed by thick, dark eyelashes. She had full, cherry red lips, and dark arched eyebrows. She was much prettier than I could ever be. Then I realised, she was me. Tilly burst into the room "Come on! Come on! We're late!"

I was rushed to the city centre where I waited to rise up on a platform. The prep team went up, then Sabine, then Tilly, then Cashmere, and then, I heard Cesar Flickerman give the audience an introduction, "Ladies and gentleman, put your hands together for The Wolf, The Alpha, The Alpine Predator, The winner of the 72nd annual Hunger Games, Tammy Alps!" The crowd went wild and I found myself rising up. I put on my best smile. I came up on stage and walked over to the chair. I sat myself down "Hello Cesar."

"My dear, how are you?" How are you? What kind of a question is that? Was what I wanted to say. But I didn't. Instead, I said "Alive and well. Yourself?"

"Very good, thank you." I smiled, "But I must say," he continued, "This years games were incredible!" This was followed by a lot of cheering and whooping from the crowd. I just smiled at them. A video began to play. A recap of the games. It mainly included my kills, sneaking away from the Careers, and pretty much everything else I did. But there were a few scenes with Layla and Danny. They very kindly decided not to show Layla or Danny dying, just me killing the Careers. After the video, Cesar asked me some questions, like, how did I feel about winning, why did I kill the Careers, and a lot of other garbage, but at the end of my interview Cesar asked me "Were you really with the Careers?" Without even thinking, I said, "No, I never was. I never miss, and I was aiming for Niomi. It's also part of the reason why I ran of in the middle of the night and took everything I needed."

"Very well, Ladies and gentlemen, Tammy Alps!" I walked of stage, finally able to drop my smile as I turned my back to the shrieking crowd. And thank goodness that was the case, one more minute and I would have been turned into a doll!

I went back to the training centre and got changed into more comfy clothes, grabbed my knives and the belt, and saw my clip resting beside them, I couldn't leave that behind. I snatched it up and put it in my hair. Then Tilly came in and took me to the train. I boarded it and sat in the same seat I did when I was first coming here, it seemed like only yesterday. Then train started and I was on my way home.