Chapter 35 - Revelations

It was already evident in the air that the entire gargantuan ship had now been alerted of their escape attempt.

"They're everywhere now, in every path," Garullo announced. "It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a way around,"

"If that's the case, then we have no choice but to try and get past them," lead Phil.

"Yeah, the sword will do the job!' said Sanders.

Phil grunted. "We should not underestimate them,"

"Well, there is no other way," said Alec.

"We can always engage in hand to hand combat if we need to," said Phil.

They reached a narrow iron bridge that cross a wide canal of running water reservoir underneath it, to their sheer amazement, through to a staircase in the end.

As soon as they made to halfway through the bridge, a lanky, walking machine of some kind with weapons for arms emerged from behind them and began chase fast. Alec knew he will have to stand in its way if the others are to make it to the other side.

"I'll hold it off! Go, hurry!" Alec shouted.

Alec turn to face the machine thing as everyone else scurried ahead. It looked gangly and awkward but he knew it was strong enough to finish them quickly, judging from its massiveness.

It took quick metal steps towards him, catching him in the middle of the bridge and as it pounce his metallic arms to crush them, rocking and punching a hole on the bridge, Alec split sideways to evade. Alec then jump and lunge at the robot's metal head. It was one swift blow but the blade tore though the neck's metal skin into the inside circuitry, causing much electrical damage. Streaks of electricity convulsed throughout the robot's body. Alec immediately realized the impending explosion. He sprinted away too late. The robot blasted behind him, sending him off his feet, out of the bridge and into the water down below in a splash.

"Alec!" Lindsey yelled in alarm as she watched him dive into the canal. Phil restrained her to keep her from running back to the bridge.

"We have to help him!" she pleaded.

"It's no use," Phil said as she cried.

Phil would have jump for his friend but he knew Alec wouldn't want that.

"He'll be alright," Garullo said with an assuring tone.

"Is he alright? Can you locate him?" Lindsey asked.

"The water is flowing to the south, taking him along. I cannot determine if he is alive but I believe he is. We will find him as soon as he gets out of the water. He will be alright,"

Garullo couldn't help but have faith in the young human. After all, he is able to use Zivlander's sword for a reason.

And then they all heard a shout of irritating gibberish. As they looked up, a company of Zhinras were fast approaching them with their weaponries....

********************

Alec drew himself out of the water onto dry concrete above the canal by struggling up a ladder he got hold of as the current dragged him. Luckily for him his fall on the water didn't render him unconscious or else he would have drowned in no time at all. He thought 'déjà vu' --- back when he and Ava jumped off the Cyrus airship. He had fallen unconscious then and would have drowned if not for...her...

He laid and rested for a while on his back, drench and exhausted. Later, he got up, and worked his way out of the dark and gloomy place. Why does it seem to him that this ship has electric power problems? It's too dark!