If I could ride a bike

* * *

* * *

“If I could ride a bike,
I'd zoom around the world,
With you sitting there behind me;

I'll take you to places,
Past several faces,
Just livin' life so care free.”

- If I could ride a bike, Chevy

* * *

If I could ride a bike, everything would be different.

You see, if I could ride a bike, I would have had the courage to ask you to play with me when I saw you in the orphanage. You were a pretty little thing, sitting in your bike as you ate your chocolate ice cream. It was melting, I remember, dripping down your fingers to the green grass underneath your shoes. I was hiding, right there, behind the tree in front of you, very close, and yet, very far. You never laid your eyes on me, never, not even once, as you road away; your parents were calling for you.

If I could ride a bike, I would have rode away from that orphanage, chasing you down the road to stop you from leaving. I would have dropped the bike right there, in front of your running car, in the middle of the road with my arms wide open — begging, pleading, asking you to not go. Because if you never did leave, you would've come back. You would've been staying right here with me, sitting behind me in my bike as we wheeled around the town. We would've gone to different places, place we both never been to.

If I could ride a bike, we would have rode into streets, racing each other down. We would've had our first kiss sitting cross legged on a picnic blanket, bikes beside us, forgotten. We would have run away together, biking into different towns, only to come back due to lack of cash and enough responsibility. Or maybe we would have just been simply living our lives the way we wanted it, wishing for forever.

If only. If only.

-Jeon Jungkook,
to Shin Haeun, the girl who never saw him.

-Jeon Jungkook,to Shin Haeun, the girl who never saw him