Chapter 2

After a long, tiring day at college Srishti comes home. She changes into her comfy clothes and decides to make coffee for herself when she hears her phone ringing. Her happiness knows no bound after seeing the name flashing on the screen - 'Papa Bear'.

"Hii Papa!! How are you? How is your business trip going on? How is Bhai?"
"Take a breath Mini!" "We both are fine over here. How are you?" Vishal, her father said amused at his daughter.

"I'm superb as always!" "Good! You know, our business trip is a success! We got the project we had come here for!!"

"That's awesome Papa! I knew you would crack the deal."
"Well, this time it's your brother who cracked this deal!" "Oh! That idiot has cracked a deal? Nice!" "Haha yes, beta. Wait, talk to him, he's here."

"Hello, Mini!" "Congrats Bhai!! I'm happy at least you did something there!"  "Oh really!" "Yes. And listen I have sent you a list of things I want from NY. So don't forget to bring them!" "Ok, anything else madam?"
"No, no. This is enough." "Haha, ok bye. Need to go now! Take care" "You too Bhai. Bye."

She felt relieved after talking to them. Srishti aka Mini (a name that only her most loved people - her family and her best friends can use) shares a very strong bond with both of them. That bound became even stronger after her mother's death.
********************************

Later that night, Srishti is alone at home as her father and brother are on a business trip and her grandparents have gone to the pilgrimage. She is getting ready to go to the club when Manvi and Vidhi come over.

"Looking gorgeous Mini!" They said in synchronisation. "Thanks, guys! You both also look great!" "Thanks, should we leave now?" "Yes. We can party till late today. We have told our parents that we will be staying at your place tonight and nobody is here to ask us even if we come late, yay! Manvi said excitedly!

"That's great guys! It will be fun today!
Let's bunk college tomorrow, what say?" Srishti said joyfully. "Yesssss"
"Let's go now!"
*********************************

They are having fun at the club, dancing to the music being played.

"This is so much fun, I'm really enjoying myself guys!" Srishti said loudly due to the loud music.
"Let's go have some drinks," Vidhi said looking at an overjoyed Srishti.

Srishti turns to walk towards the bar when she dashes into someone. Manvi and Vidhi giggle looking at their position.

Srishti's one hand is on the guy's chest and the guy's one hand is on Srishti's waist and they both looking at each other. They couldn't look at each other's faces because of the masquerades. They simultaneously realised that they were unknowingly staring at a stranger.

Taking his hand away, the guy apologized, "I'm sorry!"

Srishti realised her position and moved back, "I'm sorry too!" He smiles at her and goes away.

That smile made Srishti's heart beat faster than usual. She felt an uncanny resemblance of the eyes. She was thinking about those grey, sparkling eyes when her friends snapped in front of her face.

"We know he was handsome babe but stop thinking about him so much now," Vidhi said giggling along with Manvi.

"Shut up, you guys!" They go to the counter while Srishti is still wondering about those eyes. All of a sudden, it strikes her that those were the same eyes she saw today morning while she was in the lift.
********************************

Next morning, Srishti, Manvi and Vidhi are sleeping when they get disturbed due to a phone call.

Without looking at the number she picks up the call. "Hello," Srishti said in her sleepy voice. "Hello, Mini! Where are you and why aren't you picking up our calls?"

"Hello Bhai, sorry we were sleeping. We didn't hear your calls until now."

"Still sleeping? Bunked college? Wow! That's what you do when nobody is at home?" Rohan said trying to sound in anger.

"Bhai, please! Now tell me why did you call me?" Srishti asked rubbing her eyes.

"Hello, Mini!" Vishal took the phone from Rohan. "Hi, Papa, what happened?"

"Mini keep your phone on speaker, I want to talk to Manvi and Vidhi as well.

Srishti woke Vidhi up and kept her phone on speaker mode.

"Hello guys, listen," Vishal said sounding worried. "Vidhi and Manvi, I want you guys to stay with Mini for a few days, till somebody from our family returns. I have already spoken to your parents regarding this and they don't mind you guys staying in with Mini."

Manvi and Vidhi were widely awake by now. They all looked at each other and wondered why is Vishal sounding worried.

"The thing is. I got a call from our building secretary telling me that there will be a boy shifting next door today. So you guys stay together till we come back."

"Ok uncle. Don't worry, we are here with Mini, " Vidhi said to calm an already worried Vishal down.

"Thank you, girls. I need to go now, I'll call later. Bye."

"Bye," they all said simultaneously.
********************************