Chapter 1

After a long day at college, Srishti was sitting on her window pane, listening to her favourite melody and observing her busy neighbourhood, when Manvi and Vidhi, her best friends came to meet her.

"So, you had a rough and tiring day today?" Manvi questioned Srishti. Srishti got herself to mutter "hmm".
Srishti's habit of sitting alone and listening to her favourite melody was not unknown to her best friends. They knew that it means Srishti is really tired or not in a good mood.

" Let's go to some club tonight! Remember, you had promised to come along with us?" Vidhi exclaimed.  "Yeah, let's go Srishti. You'll feel better, " Manvi added.

"Not today guys. I'm really really tired. That Prof. Malik made me go nuts today. I don't even remember how many times did I take the stairs today, " Srishti sighed.

"We will go tomorrow, pakka promise," Srishti said to cheer up her buddies.
************************************
Next morning, Srishti woke up early. It was still dark outside and she thought of going for a walk in the locality, hoping to meet nobody. She combed her messy hair, wore her slippers and walked out of the house in her comfortable night pyjama. She closed the door behind her and headed for the lift.

*********************************
She was strolling in the garden with earphones plugged in her ears, lost in her own world listening to the music, unaware of her surrounding. Tiny drops of water fell on her and she thought of going back home before it started pouring heavily.

She rushed to her wing, pressed the lift button and waited for it to come. She slowly entered the lift after the door opened and quickly pressed her floor number.

As the door was closing, she saw someone rush to the lift... Someone with large grey sparkling eyes. She couldn't see the face properly due to inadequate light. With a sudden jolt of the lift, she startled and realised that she was gazing at that person.

********************************