The life and death of King Tut

The sun began to set over the Land of the Pharaohs, Ancient Egypt, in the year of 1341 BC over the palace of the Pharaoh Akhenaten in Amarna. A Royal Wife of Akhenaten named Kiya was going into labor with the child of Akhenaten as the "wabau" or doctor watched for the baby to crown. "He's crowing, time to start pushing, dear,"He said. The woman pushed as the baby began to slowly exit his mother's womb.Akhenaten held onto his wife's hand and encouraged her to keep pushing."Come on, dear, the baby's almost out, just a couple more pushes and your done," With one last push, the baby came out into the doctor's hands, and immediately began to cry."Congratulations, its a boy," the doctor said smiling cleaning the baby off and wrapping him up in clean, white cloth. Kiya was still breathing heavily as she held her first newborn son. "What a handsome, little boy I have," Akhenaten said, a big smile on his face, for this was his .first son in 7 children. "His name is Tutankhaten," She told him. "I'm afraid I won't be able to raise him," Her breathing was beginning to die down, but it sounded sickly. "Doctor! Something is wrong with my wife!" the Pharaoh shouted. The doctor ran over to her and noticed her paling face. She closed her eyes and took her last breath, before slipping away to death. He sighed. "I'm sorry," He wiped his eyes. "She's gone, the difficult labor took its toll on her," Akhenaten was shocked as he looked down at her. "No, please, Kiya," He said, his voice cracking. Then, he hear his son cry and reach his hands out to his mother. "No, Tutankhamun, your mother will never be able to take care of you," He said, picking his newborn son up. "You will instead be raised by your step-mother, Nefertiti," And with that, the King walked out of the death stricken room, leaving his dead wife behind to the Embalmers. Tutankhaten fell asleep in his father's arms, not realizing the future he was going to face in a couple years.