Chapter One

All of my life, I've been hidden. In the dark. Lost behind the shade. The willow tree was my only protection.

Being able to say you are well loved, is a privelige, and is no way is it something your born with. I was the perfect child as a kid. Rowan Elizabeth Stevens. 8 pounds 2 ounces, a healthy baby girl. Although I would have liked to believe that pink balloons were flying and pictures were being uploaded to socia media sights upon my arrival, it seems as though that wasnt the case either. How could there be no room for celebration? I was healthy, living and striving! I was a special baby.

My mom had me when she was 17 years old. She wasnt very fond of me when I was inside her. She knew becoming a mom was hard work and costed lots of money that she didnt have. Instead of trying to grow up and get a job, my mom got into drugs. Selling them at any street corner she could. She got caught a few times, but they couldnt lock her up because of me. Luckly after 9 long months, I was born, able to be free and not affected by my moms drug use.

I am greatful to be alive. There are days where I wondered why I was put in such a horrifying situation. But now, at the age of 17, I've realized that I was put in these situations to show that I am able to pull through. And it's because of the help of the willow tree.

I'm old now, and finally l understand what exactly happened in my childhood. I wrote in a diary when I was younger. I now know what exactly happened when I was 3-9 years old. I'm makes me shiver. How could someone be so cruel? How could anyone at the age of 17 know how to be evil?