A Day In The Sun

Emma's pov:
Jake was out in the ocean surfing and the girls were at the drink stand getting lemonade while I am laying down on the towel tanning.

I started to doze off under the warm sun when suddenly I felt my body get lifted up from the sand. I open my eyes to see Jake carrying me towards the water.

Emma; Jake put me down right now

Jake; no Emma it's the last day of summer and you need to have fun

Emma; I swear to God Jake if you throw me in that water I will-

I was suddenly cut off when Jake tossed me into the freezing cold ocean water. I came back up above the water when Jake said "you'll what?"

Emma; Jakeeeeee!

I bolted towards him when he took off running. I just kept running after him when out of no where I felt my face hit the ground and everything went black.

Jake; Emma wake up! Wake up!

Amy; What happened?!

Jake; I don't know she just fell and won't get up.

My eyes started to open and I could hear the girls and Jake screaming things like 'Emma wake up' and 'Emma are you ok?' I gained back my consciousness and just laid there.

Jake; Omg Emma! Are you ok?

Emma; yeah what happened?

Maddison; Jake said you fell

Emma; oh yeah I remember now. Jake threw me in the water so I started chasing after him when I just fell.

Jake; I'm so sorry Emma

Emma; it's ok but you'll pay for that later

We all decided to go sit down on the towels for a little bit and just relax.

Amy's phone: *ring *ring *ring

She answers.

Amy; I'm at the beach with Jake, Maddison, and Emma.

Amy; uhuh. Yes ma'am I'll be there in a minute.

Emma; what was that about?

Amy; my mom called she said that it's getting late and I need to get back home so I can get my stuff ready for the first day of school tomorrow.

All; Oh ok.

Jake; well since Maddison has to drive you home. I guess me and Emma should get home too.

Emma; yeah I guess so.

We all hugged and said our good byes then me and Jake headed to his car.

We both got in the car and drove off.

About five minutes down the road Jake said "I wish we could hang out a little more before school started."

Emma; yeah me too...wait!

Jake; jeez don't yell like that I could've wrecked. What is it?

Emma; why don't we just have a sleepover at my house?

Jake; I don't know Emma I would have to go to my house to get all my stuff then drive back to your house and I don't know if your mom would let me stay the night when we have school tomorrow.

Emma; come on Jake, you said it yourself. It's the last day of summer break and we need to have fun. Plus you can think of it as a way of apologizing for throwing me in the water and making me pass out earlier. Besides my mom won't care.

Jake; Fine just let me go to the house to get my stuff and tell my mom I'm staying the night at your house.

Emma; yes!

We arrived at Jake's house, told his mom, then got his stuff.

Emma; you got everything?

Jake; yep. Have you called your mom yet?

Emma; yes. She said that it was fine and you're going to drive us to school tomorrow because she has to go to work early.

Jake; ok then let's go.

We drove back to my house and headed up to my bedroom to prepare for the best 'last day of summer sleepover' ever.

______________________________________

Author's note; thank you for the views and the one person that voted for the story(shout out to you) I forgot your username. I promise the I will get better at writing 😂let me know if the chapters are too short or not.