Chapter 2: Hands

Quinn's pov

I wake up in an unfamiliar bed and sit up quickly. Just then all the memories of yesterday come flooding in hitting me like a tornado. So I lay back into the bed and stare at the ceiling, everything that happened yesterday was real.. now I'm living with Nathan. I want to cry but I don't want to worry the others, it's just that you're with somebody for so long and you think you know them and they're intentions.. but you don't and that's what hurts the most, aside from the having to pick yourself up after that person tears you down. I start to cry from my saddened thoughts. I just stared into space for what seemed like 30 minutes then there was a knock at the door. I quickly wiped my tears and said to come in.

"Hey do you ma... wait are you crying," says, Gabe 

"oh no, I'm just.," I say at a loss for words looking at the ground

"Hey Quinnie, look at me. It's okay to cry especially given the circumstances but just realize there are better guys out there and that love is blind and there's no telling what life will bring tomorrow but, what I do know is that your safe now and we're all here for you and I'll make sure he will never be able to hurt you again because seeing you like this hurts me deeply, ever since we were kids it was up to me and Nathan to protect you and nothing has changed that" says Gabe looking down at me.

"Thank you, Gabe that means a lot, I'm so lucky to have all of you. I know that I should have listened to yall about Jeremy but I was a stubborn 21 year old that thought I had it all when in reality to him I had nothing it was all his whatever I owned... but that doesn't matter now, I'm with people who care for me and I care for them." I say looking up at Gabe as he's smiling brightly 

"Well I came here to ask if you'd come to the store with me so we can get some stuff for the video that we are filming today?" 

"Sure, but what are yall filming?" I ask 

"Don't drink the wrong mystery drink, so basically there are 3 cups and then you have to drink out of all 3 and guess what it is after, so kind of a misleading title but that's clickbait for you," he says laughing.

"Alright, just let me get dressed and stuff," I said smiling up at him

"Okay, meet me downstairs after," he says and boops my nose before walking away

I giggle and walk back into my room shutting the door behind me. I walk to my dresser and pull out a black skirt and an iron maiden crop top. Walking to the bathroom I brush my teeth before doing my business and getting dressed. Putting my curly burgundy hair in space buns and doing minimal makeup. I made my way to the stairs and saw Gabe and James making dumb faces at each other while sitting on the couch.

"Keep making those faces and there going to get stuck like that," I said giggling coming down the stairs.

"Nah that would have happened a long time ago huh Gabey," James says

"Yes Jamesies," Gabe said sweetly

I giggle and pluck them both in the head, my 2 knuckleheads 

"Anyways let's go Quinnie" he says walking to the front door and I trail behind. We make it to the truck and Gabe opens my door for me... what a gentleman. I was so taken aback by it because nobody had ever done that for me but I thanked him and he walked around to the other side and got in pushing the button to turn it on, backing out of the driveway. His hand brushed against mine as he took it out of reverse.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said blushing slightly

"No it's okay," I say pulling his hand back to mine and holding it. He seems to think for a second then he intertwines our hands and continues to drive to the store. There was silence but it was a comfortable silence. I rubbed circles onto his hand with my thumb as he drove with the music in the background it was so peaceful.

The drive soon came to an end though as we get to the store and had to let go. We got out of the truck and walked to the entrance. We headed straight to the food aisle 

"So ms Quinnie what do you think we should get," He says looking around 

"Hm I don't know Gabey" I say looking at different jams 

"I know that Nathan hates strawberry jelly though, and I'm pretty sure it would go through a straw I said putting it in the buggy 

"True, I completely forgot about his hatred for Strawbery jelly" He says laughing 

We started to put more stuff into the buggy and checked out going to the truck and putting everything in. He opens my door for me yet again and goes to his side pushing the button to start the truck and we get back on the road.

Gabes pov

 We get back on the road after an hour at the store, god I wanted to hold her hand in that store and be able to mean mug any of the guys that looked at her. That was just my jealousy kicking in.. over a girl that wasn't even mine... Yet. I put my hand over her hand to give her a sign that I wanted to hold it and she complied with a smile and held my hand. It felt nice, as I've never really held a girls hand before let alone anybody's hand except for when James holds it jokingly.

I wanted her desperately to be mine but I would have to wait until I could show that to Nathan and gain his trust. No matter how long that would take I would wait for her. Ever since we were all kids I had the biggest crush on her but I never had the guts to show it because I was scared of losing the only best friend that I ever had. Most dudes consider it not cool to date their sisters or its a violation of bro code, to which I understood I mean if I had a sister Id probably be a little hesitant on letting Nathan or James date her too.

Before I knew it we were back at the house and unpacking the stuff from the truck. I wish I could have just held her hand for a little while longer but maybe another day but, now I definitely know we'll be taking more drives together

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So like I hope yall liked it and all that, i just got bored an did another part the youtube video will be in the next chapter❤