Chapter 1

<< OPENING PARAGRAPH >>

Duncan looked up at the night sky, forgetting about his cares and worries and letting them drift off into space. He had little clue of who he was, or why he was here helping Kim, or why they were fluxed, but he didn't give a fuck, not a single one. But little did he know that these mysteries were going to get answered, and that he wasn't the only one of him, and that this all was in the hands of fate. Little did he know what fate had in store for him.

<< END (Now, on with the show~) >>

"Duncan Jones~!!" came a high pitch, womans voice from the main room of their new, steamy base, "Somebody has a special delivery, you'd better come and open it." it yelled again, it was Kim, and she was getting tired of having to always wait for Duncan to finish off whatever he was doing, it was a habit of his. "OK, fine, I'm coming." the scientist growned, boy, even though Kim could get impatient at times it would annoy him occasionaly, he was a grown man for christ's sake, he could take care of himself... most of the time.

Duncan bolted to the main building, his labcoat only half on and with a small splash of white toothpaste on the corner of his lip, he eagerlly took the letter from Kim's aloft hand and thanked her, before slitting the envelope with his thumb and yanking out the paper inside. "So...?? What are you hiding mister, is it a love letter from your secret admirer??" Kim asked jokingly, in an attempt to embarass Duncan, which failed succesfully, "Heh, yeah right, it's more likely hate mail from some certain evil clone jokers than that soppy old crap." he jeered back, making Kim giggle, oh how she loved Duncan getting angry, it always cracked her up when it wasn't at her. As soon as Dunc got his hands on the letter he could smell machinery fuel, coffee and jaffas, and he instantly knew who it was from, the spaceman, Lewis, one of his friends. He was a nice guy, that Lewis, though he was a tad serious at times.

As Duncan started reading, a certain fluxed maden took a peak over his shoulder, making him look at her as if she was getting in the way, "Sorry, curiosity killed the Kim." she sighed, stepping back and letting her blonde haired teacher, and best friend, continue. Even though the letter said nothing of interest to begin with it was one particular part that made it interesting;

'I am terribly sorry to admit, Duncan, but you are one of the last remaining clones created by me at Yoglabs. If you have any concerns, just call me.'

Silence...