𝐡𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐥𝐧𝐮𝐭

You stood, drained, behind the long, rosewood counter of the small, family owned coffee shop in which you were employed in New York. You awaited a customer, to at least occupy you before your boredom completely took you over. You fiddled with your over sized royal blue apron, that nearly brushed your feet. "Y/N! Any business so far, love?" Your aunt, Cecile, walked over to you and planted a quick smooch onto your forehead. "Not since noon, Cece," You frowned slightly and continued to steam a pint of milk. "Well, closing is in 2 hours, dear, I'm sure you can survive the wait," Cecile remarked with a grin as she returned upstairs into her office. 

     At last, you heard the enormous front door creak open. You bolted your head to reveal whom was entering, and were thrilled to see your dearest friend, Elizabeth Schuyler. You grinned at her and rushed to the door to greet her with a warm embrace. "I thought you'd forgotten me!" You exclaimed, elated to hang out with your beloved best friend. You both took seats behind the counter, due to it hardly being near closing time and began your usual chats. 

     "I believe Angelica may be falling for someone!" Eliza exclaimed with a squeal. You gasped, genuinely shocked. You had known the Schuylers for your entire life, due to your fathers being great friends. You and Eliza were only three days apart, so of course you gravitated towards each other and always joked that you two were purposed to be twins. You had always seen Angelica as an older sister to you as well, so of course, you knew her very  well. Angelica involving herself with any kind of love interest was irregular, and that was an understatement. "I'm content with myself and you all," She'd always state as if she was offended by our curiosity.

     "His name is Hercules Mulligan, I believe. He's a tailor, a very talented one according to Angelica," Eliza explained as she sipped her usual cup of caramel cream coffee. "Isn't it just wonderful, Y/N/N? Our dear Angelica, in love!" Eliza and I beamed. "I sure hope he treats her well," You said in a worried tone. "Me too, Y/N/N, but if he doesn't, ALL hell will break loose," Eliza reassured you, causing you both to burst out in a fit of laughter. In the midst of your cackling, the door creaked open once again.

     Two men, who looked nearby you and Eliza's age, strutted into the shop and began peering at the menu. The taller one of the two caught your eye immediately. They both wore clothing you could best identify as uniforms, which were slightly dirty. He had his enchanting, dark brown curls pulled into a ponytail that complimented him perfectly. He had absolutely alluring dark brown eyes, that you longed to be lost in forever. The two men walked up to the counter, seeming to be in no rush at all. 

     "Hello, what may I get for you gentlemen today?" You questioned, ready to take their orders. "I'll have, ze, uhh, 'ow you say? Azelnut Latte?" You grinned at his adorable, yet intense French accent, and he replied with a grin as well. "Hazelnut Latte?" You corrected him, giggling at his mispronunciation. He nodded and chucked as well. "Nobody ever orders hazelnut," You explained, slightly surprised at his choice. The shorter man, whom Eliza seemed to had taken a liking to, placed his order as well. "Alexander, I didn't know you drank coffee," The charming man teased him and smiled. "Well, Lafayette, it so happens that it was none other than your idea to come here," Alexander stated, playfully pushing his arm. 

     Lafayette. How majestic, exotic, beautiful,  You pondered as you began preparing their beverages. You felt Eliza lean over to whisper into your ear. "That "Alexander" sure is handsome," Eliza snickered as her cheeks burned red. "I don't know, I think the Frenchie takes the cake for me," You blushed. You handed them their drinks, and they paid. "Keep ze change," Lafayette winked as him and Alexander exited the shop. Once you knew they were gone, you both squealed. "They were perfect," Eliza said whilst jumping up and down. "Calm down Liza, we'll most likely never encounter them again," You sighed.

      You two began to close the shop and return to your petite townhouses, which were right next to each other. On the way home, Eliza kept beaming about Alexander, whom you knew the chances of seeing again were very slim. You both said good night and entered into your respective residences. You threw yourself onto your leather sofa, exhausted from the day's work. You allowed yourself to immerse into a deep, comfortable slumber that you most definitely deserved. 

     The following day, you and Eliza made your way to the Schuyler Mansion to visit with Angelica. You greeted the gorgeous, caramel skinned woman with a nearly suffocating hug, oh so eager to see her. You all took a seat within the massive corridor that included a small living space. "I have arranged for you both to meet Hercules, as I feel if I am to go any farther in this relationship, and I want to, that you two need to know him," You and Eliza squealed with excitement, ready to meet the man whom made your older sister so energetic.

     "I reckon he'll arrive s-" Angelica was interrupted by the ear piercing doorbell. "That must be him!" Angelica hopped up from the sofa and rushed to the front door. "I wonder what he'll be like," Eliza grinned nervously. "Let's hope he's charming, only the best for our dear Angelica," You joked and Eliza nodded. At last, Angelica returned with Hercules, their arms hooked onto each others. "Herc, meet my sister, Eliza, and my unofficially adopted sister, Y/N," Angelica exclaimed, obviously filled with adrenaline from Hercules' presence. 

      "Hello!" You both said in nearly flawless unison, which impressed Hercules. "Thrilled to meet you both," He said as he shook both of your hands. Solid choice, you thought to yourself. 

a/n: hi luvz <3 i know this chapter was semi short but it was meant to serve as kind of an intro!! ily all so much i cant express how grateful i am <3 next chapters will be a lot better and longer!!   

qotd: who is your favorite schuyler sister and why?

aotd: eliza!! she's so kind and forgiving, a smart and kind hearted woman and an incredible mother! what she did after alexander's death was incredible. i love my pippa too! (or should i say, soo haha ok ill go home!
leave your answers as a reply!!!