Chapter 27

[Grasswave's POV]

It seemed like we had been laying next to the Moonpool for a century before I finally saw the light of StarClan. I could hear distant yelling and arguing, but they were too far for me to distinguish. I looked in front of me and saw nine cats standing there, only three of which I recognize. Starlingcall stood by my side, unwavering. 

"Grasswave, we welcome you to get your nine lives. I know you have become the leader under some unique circumstances, but we sense the good in your heart. We know you can be a real leader, and that is why we have opened our gates to give you your nine lives." A black and white tom said. I felt like I remembered him, but it hurt to think of who he could be. 

First to step up was my little brother. I gave my small brother a smile, happy that I could see him again. Foxkit had died at a young age, and I never got to really spend time with him. "I give you the life of prosperity! I hope that with you as the leader, you will be able to make SmallClan grow!" He cheerfully said. 

"StarClan knows we need it." Starlingcall said from my side. I rolled my eyes and nudged the tom to be quiet. I knew we were suffering at the moment. We would have a total of five warriors soon, and it would be dangerous to have that low of numbers. 

Next to step up was my mother, Swanfang. She looked as beautiful as I remembered her. She gave me a small smile, before touching my forehead. "I give you the life of motherhood. I hope that you will be able to raise all the kits you could ever want." She purred before stepping away. 

My father, Flameflight, stepped up next. He looked at me proudly and touched my forehead. "I give you the life of pride. You will need to hold your head up, and never let anyone get to you." He purred before stepping away. 

I got my next five lives from some cats I did not really recognize. I had gotten the lives of hope, life, courage, loyalty, and protection from the older SmallClan warriors. I thanked them all for being here to give me my nine lives, and that I would treasure their lives forever. 

Last but not least, the black and white tom stepped up. As he got closer, I recognized who he was. He had been Halfstar, the last good leader of SmallClan. I gave him a small bow, but the large tom chuckled. 

"Stand up, I should be bowing to you. I give you the life of leadership. I know you can lead the clan, you just need to find it within yourself as well." He purred before stepping back. 

I watched as the StarClan cats cheered for me, and I could see some cats that I did not quite recognize, but I knew their names from the stories. They all cheered for me, and I thanked them all. I would rebuilt SmallClan, and we would be a strong clan once again.