three| late night talks

THREE

She'd been sitting with this man for an hour or two five or take yet he didn't crack, and she sure as hell wasn't having sex to get it out of him.

Her bounty was in front of her flirting with her and yet she didn't know what to do.

Since he hadn't introduced himself she figured he didn't want her to know it was 'Hunter'

"So can I buy you another drink you've been housing that one since I saw you" with his deep undertone he looked up at Elena.

Shaking her head she began saying, "Not if I wanna get home in one piece" she couldn't risk getting herself drunk in-front of him is what she really meant.

The conversations were going as expected, the typical what brings you here and the do you do this often she played along because that's what she was there for in the first place but she couldn't understand why he'd been off the grid for half a year, not to mention the entire change the guy in her pamphlet looked nothing like the one whom sat before her

She definitely knew she wouldn't get all her answers in one night or morning should she say and Bryan kept on stealing glances from the bar over to them after every other customer he served it was honestly throwing her off

Scowling at him she turned back to Hunter and they continued to speak about nothing, "So I'm guessing you don't want that drink then?" she shook her head politely.

Chuckling he nodded "It's almost two so I should be heading out but we should do this again sometime, I didn't catch your name"

Clearing his throat Hunter stood up and so did she pulling out his phone and handing it to Elena, where she proceeded to enter her details before handing it back to him.

"I'll be seeing you Elena", "And you?" interrupting her he raised an eyebrow as if you say you already know my name but she still awaited his answer

"Hunter" he said like a chore of some sort

"Right I'll be seeing you Hunter and also Bryan thanks for not letting anyone take advantage of me tonight" she said sarcastically but there was some truth to it.

He just nodded and winked at her and that was when she knew it was time to go.

When Elena got home her feet were throbbing.

One of the many reasons she didn't wear high boots nor heels regularly.

She headed for the bathroom turning on the shower so it'd be correct temperature for when she entered.

Undressing from the clothes she wore she grabbed her loofah and hung her towel on the door ready for getting out, stepping into the shower the water trickled down her skin as she took the scented soap and began to wash her face and body.

Elena couldn't wait to have some warm coffee and snuggle in her bed.

Stepping out of the shower she grabs the towel hooked on the side of the shower door and wrapped it around herself before heading back to her room collecting the clothes that she shed on the way.

In her closet she picked up her her silk baby pink sleep set and some matching panties, after lathering herself with some coco butter Elena slipped into bed and flicked on her night light.

Thinking about all that happened her mind wondered to hunter and the whole assignment she was on.

It all revolved around him yet all she knew about him was what the tabloids put out.

Just as she began to get comfortable her phone buzzed revealing two new messages

Hunter: hey. it's me hunter
I just wanted to make sure you got home alright.

*Delivered 3:45am*

First thoughts.

He didn't have to reach out to her and if he hadn't she wouldn't have minded but he did.

Secondary thoughts.

Elena has the ball in her court and can play this any which way she wants.

Elena: I made it in once piece thnx
I guess it was a good idea
I ordered only one drink tonight.

*Read 4:15am*

It takes a while for him to get to her and in the duration of what seems forever since she's been waiting she falls asleep and when she fully wakes up for the morning ahead she's graced with a sweet message.

Hunter: haha. it was fun I mean I don't do this very often but we should do it again sometime.

*Delivered 6:29am*

hi again, two updates and I haven't updated my most popular stories in a hell of a lot of months lol anyways hope you enjoy x

don't forget to like and comment if you feel like it 🤍