Chapter 8: Warbeast

Proving Grounds: Forgotten City, Hydro-electric Plant

1821Y 02M25D 1000H

They arrive at the plant, besides it a river running from the mountains going outside the city walls. The Warbeast made a nest on the river blocking the water's path out of the plant.

"We need to lure it outside the river." Baby suggesting to the group. "No worries, it will come to us. Luci there is a platform on the wall by the powerhouse use it to snipe at the beast." Luci took Smirf's hand. "Okay, let's go love." Luci taking Smirf's hand.

"Hide behind the hills till it commits to a fight." Acki and the rest did as they are told. Mat walks out of the banks his hammer crackling with energy. The Warbeast opened its eyes; calmly stood up and started lumbering towards him. He looks up at the overgrown water lizard, as the Warbeast look down at him, they already know what each other is capable of they have clashed several times already.

The Warbeast saw Baby's group coming out of the hills, snorted at Mat flicking its forked tongue. "Sorry, but I got no time to play with you — in a hurry... friend." As he took a defensive stance. The Warbeast growled and raised its claws to attack. Mat knows how powerful and fast that swipe is, nothing else to do but block.

Last time they met, he couldn't do anything but defend. there will not be much difference now but this time he is not alone. Acki and Menan already have his back and block the blow with him. Baby jump at the sides and started raining down arrows; Menan rolled beneath and slashed at its belly, Shiro drops down its face.

Furious, the Warbeast slammed the ground, shaking the very earth they stood then followed it with a tail sweep. Baby and Shiro evaded but it dragged the rest smashing them to the powerhouse.

"Pink... Great Arrow." a beam of pink light shot from a platform above searing the monsters' hide. The Warbeast gave a deafening roar immobilizing them. It  drew in water from its feet then fired a jet stream from its mouth towards the two above. Mat immediately threw his hammer towards its head making it miss, then charge forward grabbing back his hammer on the way in. The Warbeast greeted him with a flurry of strikes making him fall to his knees. It opened its mouth aimed to take a piece of him but Acki deflected its head.

"Espada... Rebanse Triple." Baby slashed its neck barely wounding it, Shiro followed through.

The Warbeast stomp the ground again. Mat immediately shouted. "Tail sweep, stop it!" The sweep came, Mat raised his shield against it but was getting drag. Acki, Menan, and Baby regaining their balance rush to his side. eventually slowing it down to a halt.

Shiro swoop down; slashed at its face breaking his blade in the process.

Luci all charge up flip her wand, extending it making a staff.  She poises to throw it "Pink... Grand Spear." The beast looks at her but it was the was already on its way, piercing its hide. It gave out a huge cry, then sprayed a torrent of water at the group below. "Behind me" Mat ordered, the group went behind him pushing his back.

They chargeback as soon as the stream dissipated. Baby ran above the monster collecting Luci's staff throwing it back. Menan ran his sword through its sides. Shiro threw exploding daggers at it. The Warbeast shrugged the attacks then charge forward, ramming both Mat and Acki back towards the wall. Luci grabbed Smirf as the wall shook. A stomp came, they knew what's coming next but...