Thirty Six

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓍 ~ 𝒥𝓊𝓃𝑔𝓀𝑜𝑜𝓀'𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇

Staring at the mirror, Jungkook straightened out his best clothes, brushing away the creases that folded throughout the delicate fabrics

Staring at the mirror, Jungkook straightened out his best clothes, brushing away the creases that folded throughout the delicate fabrics. Tears still threatened to fall from his eyes, his heart still feeling broken against his chest.

He could feel broken glass dinging into his skin and ripping him open, his eyes casted back to the mirror. A memory of the time when he had broken the old mirror that use to be there, when Jimin comforted him and allowed him to sit on the elder's lap.

"It's too soon," Jungkook mumbled to himself, standing closer to the mirror and receiving a full body view of himself. It was only the next morning, all this happened only last night, "but I need to do this."

Jungkook dragged his hand down the mist covered mirror, leaving trails of fingerprints and broken hearts, "I'm coming Taehyung."

This had to be done now, this whole situation was just a reminder to Jungkook who his star really is. Kim Taehyung is the light in his life, and Jungkook doesn't want to be blind anymore.

Everything had to be done today, in these next few hours he needed to make the unspoken spoken, and gain a reminder of what he had wanted all this time. Since the day he met Taehyung, in the world of war, he fell deeper than he had with anyone else. His love was beyond words.

Sadly, he was in an awkward position when Taehyung reentered his life, because him and Jimin had all these plans that Taehyung couldn't fall into. Plans shouldn't come in the way, plans can be diverted, people can't.

Jungkook glanced back into the mirror, making eye contact with himself, "when did I stop loving Jimin?"

A small mark lay on his finger from where the engagement ring once sat, now the skin was lighter and slightly slimmer than the rest of his hand.

"I think Taehyung's twentieth birthday," Jungkook smiled at the memory, his fingers unconsciously looping around the sterling silver necklace that hung from his neck, "he's one of a kind."

He couldn't tell if he was going insane, or was lonely. Sometimes the best people to talk to is no one, conversations with oneself include self conclusions and singularly made decisions.

"I use to love Jimin, he use to be all I think about," Jungkook laughed a bit, wiping away the lone tear that spurted from his eyes, "I thought he had this really innocent smile, but no, Park Jimin has been lying to me for five years. If I didn't come back early yesterday I probably would of married a cheater."

Taking a step closer to the mirror, Jungkook took one last observation of his body, "I can't date a cheater."

Picking up the rose that he had purchased from the local flower store, Jungkook took one glance towards the mirror, flipping his frown into a blooming smile. He was finally going to do this, after nearly a month of conflicted thoughts, he was going to tell Taehyung about his true feelings.